Hey, it's still got pedals!

GoldenMotor.com

cobrafreak

Feb 16, 2011
sacramento ca
No certificate of origin? Just say you machined it yourself. There has to be a process for home built and machined bikes. There is a process for home built and machined firearms. I didn't know Timeless bikes were available in kit form. I just thought they were turn key. How much do you save by doing the final assembly yourself?

Sgt. Howard

Sep 28, 2010
Okanogan, WA
"...quotes and quotes and quotes...."
"how many quotes is that, Jamison?"
"... uh... three quotes, Sir..."
"Then add one more quote and make it a gallon- how many quotes in a gallon, Jamison?"

Arnold Layne

Dec 3, 2010
Nebraska
Just got paint on this thing Wednesday, hope to get a lot of it together next week. I don't know how much less the kit is compared to the finished product, I'm guessing about 3K. Opting out of the full nickeled package was about $300, which I now view as a mistake, I want to get it together for a couple shows this fall but will pull a few parts off this winter to have nickel plated. You may be able to buy the engine seperatly, there is someone offering just the engine on Ebay. I'm not going to bother with trying to get it legal, don't see myself riding a lot outside of shows. And you can quote me on that....................

Attachments

Arnold Layne

Dec 3, 2010
Nebraska
Posting a link is stretching my E-bilities, if you do a search for 1910 Harley Davidson it will show up but the guy is overpriced, seems like he was asking close to 6 grand for the engine, the basic kit is $7295. Out of curiosity I checked with J&P Cycle for a price on a pair of white 28 X 2.50 button tread clincher tires, nearly $750! They will start on it with $2500 down, I ordered it and paid up front in full. Delivery is supposed to be three weeks, I bought it late in January, right before winter hit El Paso, having no power set them back about a week. One thing that did surprise me, the kit is really nicely packed in a wooden crate and the bike is assembled save for the wheels, you have to break it down for paint, but as far as directions, instructions, detailed photos, technical pointers, etc. there is NOTHING! They are very supportive on the phone, but it seems like a little direction would be handy to a lot of folks. When I got it they told me that they had made about 125 of them and most had gone to Europe. I have owned about thirty pick-up trucks, twenty odd motorcycles and around one hundred and fifty cars in my life, and a new Dodge Diesel one-ton truck is the only vehicle that has cost me more than this motorcycle! I really enjoy motorcycles, the bare essence of motorcycling is what brought me to the China Girl and this fine site in the first place. usflg

72tx340

Mar 24, 2010
Caribou Maine
So i take it the basic kit doesnt come painted? What are the kit options? Curious too did that price include shipping? Thanks again for answering some questions.

Arnold Layne

Dec 3, 2010
Nebraska
With the base kit you need to paint, lace the wheels, install the leather liners on both drive pulleys, fit for final length and thread the ends of the fender braces, assemble and that is about it as far as I can tell at this point. Basic kit also does not include the full nickel package, only the stuff that about has to be plated is done. The engines already have some run time, should be plug-and-play. ALMOST all of the workmanship on my bike appears to be top shelf, the guy drilling and tapping holes in the frame was having a bad day, I had to straighten out four small holes for the tank mount. As far as I know there are not many options offered, only nickel-or-not and black or grey, but I think they will paint it any color you like. Advertised price does not include shipping. Do not know for a fact but have heard they may be offering a 1911 model 7D twin soon too. .wee.

Mr.B.

Oct 21, 2008
Upper Mississippi River valley
I didn’t know about the upcoming twin but you can see one in the background of the E-Bay engine link you mentioned...

1910 Harley-Davidson Replica Motor Engine F Head JD | eBay

In case that doesn’t work it’s item E-Bay # 220839687020

I did know Timeless offers a 1903-’05 Harley repro as seen at their site-

Timeless Motor Company

--------------------------------

I’m curious, how are the leather belt liners attached? I know there are screws involved but is there also any gluing to be done?

I predict you’re going to get a ton of questions about this project, so thanks for sharing!!!

-Kirk

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
WOW!! Just WOW... Me likie! Me wants! ( me no money :( ) Hey Arnold. Does the cat help fetch nuts bolts and fittings for ya?

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
:eek: POOR KITTY! Is Dr Hackemoff a nut job? HAHAHA! ( hangs head) sorry... Couldnt resist. Seriously. Thats gonna be the finest BTR's around with that one lunger motor. You must be very proud of your boy. And he's still growing :)

Arnold Layne

Dec 3, 2010
Nebraska
Kitty blew it, he couldn't see how easy he had it so now he gets to stay OUTSIDE. The bike isn't a racer, it's the standard production model. The BTR is a little cheaper, I don't think my back would take the crouched riding position. The BTR model they sell is cool, no doubt, but it looks a little silly with the battery/tool box on board instead of a magneto ignition. I doubt if the average non-biker Joe would ever notice.