Hawkeye express

GoldenMotor.com

inked1974

Apr 11, 2011
Palo, Iowa
Started my new project recently. Leaning towards board track styling with a long, low and lean stance. Frame began as a schwinn Del Mar purchased on craigslist for 25$ and has since been cut, stretched and tig welded back together with a slight styling change. I have lightly primed the frame to begin sanding and filling all of the little nicks and dings before I send out for paint. At this time I am up in the air as to what motor will be going into this build so all input and suggestions are welcome. I am going to be slowly purchasing parts beginning with the below listed.

1) HUSKY Front Wheel, 24 x 2.125, steel chrome plated rim, 11-gauge spokes, Sturmey Archer XFD drum brake with 140mm axle and complete with hardware and cable. As well as matching rear wheel.
2) Venice Motor Bikes heavy duty Monarch style springer
3) 24x3 Felt thick bricks (color to be decided at a later time)

Attachments

darkhawk22

Aug 17, 2010
Acworth, GA
Nice work on the frame! I wish there was a company that sold a nice solid modified frame like that with an inline tank. I know there are some out there making custom frames for sale but so far no simple online store purchase option. Mind you I'm not talking about something super cheap but something of a production model.

inked1974

Apr 11, 2011
Palo, Iowa
Thank you for the kind words guys! I think i enjoy the building more than the riding. Far from a pro bike builder like some guys here but love to make things materialize from thoughts in my head. Currently working on the tank to fit in the frame. Tank is being made of steel sheet. It will be my first attempt at a tank so we will see how it goes. I will surely be posting lots of pictures as I move forward! Thanks again

inked1974

Apr 11, 2011
Palo, Iowa
Thank you! This project has kinda been on hold awaiting the birth of my son and he has now arrived so I will be back at it as soon as MOMMA lets me back into my shop! lol
Just cut out a seat pan today and am going to try and shape it tonight. I do not really have the tools for shaping but i have a mind that goes 20 directions so i am sure i will come up with some sort of plan. More pictures to come soon

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Wow Inked! God Bless. How is he doing?

(So ya should be back in yer shop about 2023 or so, eh? lol)

Last edited:

inked1974

Apr 11, 2011
Palo, Iowa
Born 9/23 and is doing just grand! Mom and baby are now home and doing very well getting settled in. I have been off work for a few days cooking and freezing meals to make dinner prep easier for my wife. ( attempt at gaining brownie points lol ). One child graduating high school this year, 1 13 y.o. girl, 1 8 y.o. girl ( wich is my shop dog ) and my new bouncing baby boy.
Life is Grand!

Attachments

Black Swamp Ghost

Jul 21, 2011
The Great Black Swamp MI.
Congrats on the little one bro!!

Just be sure to know the scope of your work could change for a little bit...

Nothing but the best USA made...all ball bearings!

Before...

After....

You only have so much time to be a dad!

I'm sure you will see it the same!

Whatever you "fix up" could be loved by your grandchildren!!

Nice build BTW!!