The question of the century!

GoldenMotor.com

Ketchup, in the fridge or out.

• In 'cause cold ketchup is cool man!

Votes: 23 82.1%
  • Out. It doesn't say "refrigerate after opening" on the label!

Votes: 5 17.9%

• Total voters

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi
Remember folks, this is a friendly site so no flame wars. :D

Last edited:

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
some ketchup's actually do say "keep refigerated," but i prefer it warm. i can't think of any cold foods i put ketchup on, and i don't want it to cool down my food when i use it.

most (if not all) fast food places toss your burgers in the microwave to warm up the condiments and melt the cheese, but on the rare occasion i eat at burger king i tell them not to put it in there, and the burgers taste better. try it, you'll see.

i also like to put ketchup on regular potato chips. people think it's weird, till they try it.

i hate mustard.

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
o.o

Null vote, ketchup fails :p

Hot sauce, spaghetti sauce, heck - even pizza sauce - anything other than that tomato kool-aid... blech

Last edited:

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
for me, ketchup's for fries, hotdogs and hamburgers. and potato chips. that's about it.

for steaks, a little salt and a lot of pepper is the way to go. everything else just ruins it. unless someone else burnt it, then i'll add whatever i can to make it palatable.

i also make my own bbq sauces and wing sauces that'll rival anything you can buy at the market...

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
laff

Up here in the northlands where they think of salt and pepper as "exotic" spices - I dunno how many times the person next to me screams "ZOMG LOOK OUT - THAT'S NOT KETCHUP!" as I happily dump the spicy goodness on my food...

*sigh*

I've also given up all hope of trying to tell the nubs at the fast food places "no ketchup plox" as it simply doesn't compute... and the silly fools wanna CHARGE me for the lil hot sauce packets...

I'M BEING OPPRESSED!!1!

Last edited:

civlized

Apr 28, 2009
Alabama
My wife puts ketchup on a steak. Drives me crazy! I spend 2 or 3 days preparing the perfect steak. Do my best to cook it to perfection and this crazy woman puts ketchup on it.

Ilikeabikea

Jan 27, 2008
Ptown, Texas
Ketchup is just a starter. You're supposed to add course chopped jalapeno's and onions and then cook it down to a nice thick chunky salsa. You then add some melted Velveeta. Ah good stuff and no need to refrigerate you're suppose to dip chips till it's all gone. Some people believe in healthy eating and dip vegetables. What a waste of great queso............

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
ROTFLMAO!!!!!

That is too funny!!!

As for the thread's question: Ketchup is one of the veggie food groups in my diet. Veggies need to be refrigerated.

Tomatoes are actually a fruit, not a vegetable... (Not that anyone really cares.) :D

I love Pepper Plant sauce on my fries, not ketchup! ;)

charles.paskell

Feb 25, 2010
NC
try Mc cormic Montreal steak seasoning for your steak it dosent overpower the taste of the stake and for the ketchup I keep mine in the fridge PS ketchup on chips? ill have to try that....

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
Yeah you are correct there Venice. They come off of a vine qualifying them as fruity.
Damm it! I gotta be careful! They say you are what you eat.... :eek:

As for ketchup out of the bottle, when I do eat it, I prefer to blend it with Frank's Red Hot.
Recently though I have been skipping ketchup and just use Frank's.

TerrontheSnake

Jun 1, 2009
Oregon
Don't do Ketchup except maybe rarely on fries. On steak I don't need anything I can cook well. BTW, as some guys on my fire crew found out. If ya wanna piss of the Barbeque Caterers put steak sauce on the meat, just do it and find out how mad they get. They put to much love into that stuff for ya to ruin it with A1 or Ketchup.
However my daughter digs the heck out of Ketchup so mines in the fridge, probably because sh'e the only one that eats it and it would be out for way to long.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Yeah you are correct there Venice. They come off of a vine qualifying them as fruity.
Damm it! I gotta be careful! They say you are what you eat.... :eek:

As for ketchup out of the bottle, when I do eat it, I prefer to blend it with Frank's Red Hot.
Recently though I have been skipping ketchup and just use Frank's.
Okay, but do you refrigerate Franks? I leave mine out; just seems better at room temp. I also like butter at room temp. It spreads so much better and doesn't wreck my toast or bagels.
Tom

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Okay, but do you refrigerate Franks? I leave mine out; just seems better at room temp. I also like butter at room temp. It spreads so much better and doesn't wreck my toast or bagels.
Tom
Tom,
Was that toast whole wheat or white air bread? I think we need another survey. I'm learning so much here and I thought all you guys knew about was motorbikes.
I refrigerate meats, condiments & anything that can grow bacterial nasties except hot sauce, which has it's own immune system.
SB