oil spill ideas

GoldenMotor.com

kicking

Apr 11, 2010
mississippi
I don’t know much about oil rigs but This is kinda bad . I think we need this thing stopped before three years. we need motivation to stop this thing. The first step I think is to have an understanding of what task we face to stop the flow of oil. Any one work on an oil rig ? From what I gather these are some of the things we face, the depth is one thing , the pressure of oil coming out is another, any more you know of ? I have an idea , could they take an old barge or tanker attach ballast around the upper rim of the deck then cut the bottom of it out , then have an port or ports so when the barge is sunk it will depressurized and will not be crushed . Slowly sink the barge blowing the sub like ballast with ports open and then when it lands around the pipe spewing the oil , wait for oil to fill the underwater barge , then close the hatch by remote or with the mini subs or robots they have down there , then work from there ? If the oil seeps out around the bottom of the cut out or something it may at least be slowed down, and the pressure of the spewing oil around the bottom cut out might even burry it in the sand lodge it and maybe even stop it ,The second idea I have is , since the hole was drilled from a ship with an drill , can they make an drill bigger or with an sleeve or something , or just an bigger drill. Drill down and Snap it off or something re drill and re pipe the whole job ?

Last edited:

Ilikeabikea

Jan 27, 2008
Ptown, Texas
They are drilling another hole right now that will intercept the leaking well. After intercept they will be able to plug the well. I think that will be their best bet.........

kicking

Apr 11, 2010
mississippi
J-B Weld?
Tom
you can delete it if you want , this thread is about I or who ever feels input ideas or just plain trying to help. if it cant be understood what idea i had or it may not matter here at this site . mayby some one can paste an link somewhere thank you

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi
Honestly I think it's completely amazing how things aren't nearly as bad as all the doom and gloom Eco-Nazi's made it out to be in the beginning. I guess they were really hoping for a huge oil slick that decimated the gulf coast to get their point across about the ecological dangers with off shore drilling. Funny thing is I've seen more tar balls on the beach in LA (where it leaks out of the sand naturally) then there has been washing up on the gulf shores.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
you can delete it if you want , this thread is about I or who ever feels input ideas or just plain trying to help. if it cant be understood what idea i had or it may not matter here at this site . mayby some one can paste an link somewhere thank you
I'm not poking fun at you or making light of the subject. But, sometimes these issues can get to be arguments and I'm just trying to keep it lighthearted.
Tom

kicking

Apr 11, 2010
mississippi
yeah please delete it

I'm not poking fun at you or making light of the subject. But, sometimes these issues can get to be arguments and I'm just trying to keep it lighthearted.
Tom
sorry i think its more important than lawyers talking money junk ,, I understand . we just dont know what is goung on ,,,and the eco -nazis could be just trying to scare us . delete it.. it may be best 2 door you are a good moderator and it wont hurt my feelings

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I'm thinking napalm on the water to get rid of the slick... A bunch of dolphins with mops.

Last edited:

kicking

Apr 11, 2010
mississippi
my 8 year old even has an idea . and if an

my 8 year old even has an idea . and if an plan for such an event had of been made before this happened then , well you can see what i am saying ? (things happen) i cant find a site for ideas on this stuff. it may be time for other companies to step in .--oil and even mop companies , this thread is so we understand what we are faceing thats all. im 53 my son is eight and even school kids want to help with pictures of ideas. nothing wrong with this thread ill defend its porpose lol

kicking

Apr 11, 2010
mississippi
I'm thinking napalm on the water to get rid of the slick... A bunch of dolphins with mops.
I don’t know, if this thing is 300 hundred feet thick . If it can be controled it is a good temporary idea . If we have knowledge of the possible things be good or bad then we may feel better and safer . that’s it . This thread is ideas . Maybe someone here knows people who work at B.P? and ideas help. We put the oil wells out in Iraq . Some said they would be burning for 8 years or more, im glad they where wrong ! there are more than 6000 rigs in the gulf . may be wise to wtch them? in case a crasy sees how well they damage. now we never know what happens tomaro. heck when it comes to an eco disaster if we dont get a grip on the Anaconda or what snake it is ,situation in fla . It will be out of control if it is not all ready. it’s a shame to kill icky snakes but it must be done I guess , I love animals even icky snakes yuk lol (but that’s another thread)

Last edited:

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
Okay all kidding aside
there should have been a plan.
Equipment should have been in place to deal with this kind of thing.
The coast guard should have stepped in on day one to work the plan.
They should have been trained to deal with this kind of thing.
We should have hired the best experts in the world to cap that well. Production considerations be damned.
This all should have all been in place sitting somewhere waiting for the need to do it.

The equipment and training should have been paid for by the oil companies from a group fund, but run by the coast guard.
Then when it was done, there should have been a bill to bp...

Pay it or close your gas stations in America....

We need to do this now, environmental terrorism is next. They see how vulnerable we are.

I have spoken.

Last edited:

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
Start drilling the 21" pipe and tapping into it with 2"-4" pipes manifolded to one larger up pipe going up to tankers. Then when most/all the flow can be diverted, plug the broken end with drilling mud.

Of course I don't know jack about drilling for oil - the well pressure must be extreme - considering the pressure at 5000 below!

kicking

Apr 11, 2010
mississippi
well it is bad but my kids say dont worry dad

Well I doubt if anything on these threads will make an impact on world or local events , we some times get caught up in our emotions even on threads . Let us remember that they look much more magnified on these threads lol . I hope more people do come here . It is the world wide web ya know. But if we can only get the, and this next word should be censored > (politicians) to use the ship on the movie 2012 ..and quit hiding that,.. and the ufo at area 51 lol. And get the oil companies and other organizations to listen to us roar like the America we are . Sorry but the movie gung ho with Michael Keaton gave me a feeling im an American . It may have gave me brain damage…Then we work well together,,, and I believe in the power of one too !
If you guys think this was bad, just wait around a bit and see what happens next.