I'd start a pool

GoldenMotor.com

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
but I don't know how it would work.

Here is the situation. I bought a bunch of aa batteries. The usps broke the package open and had to send me what they could find in a plastic bag. I was missing 19 batteries. So I sent the seller an email. I explained what happened and asked what we gonna do.

He email me back to send pictures of the packaging. I send a picture of the envelope and the plastic bag with the post office note. The wrote back to send four bucks for shipping and they would replace the batteries,

I wrote back saying I didn't package the batteries that got lost, I didn't choose the shipper who ripped open the package and lost the product. I also thought that kind of thing was figure into the cost of doing business not the cost of buy from a dealer. But I need the product so send me an invoice and I will paypal you the four bucks.

That was a week ago... no invoice and no email at all.

So what do YOU think will happen??? LOL Oh yeah it went to a china seller ....

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Thats why my hub and battery are $1,800 here in Canada and the dealer is 35 miles away.
Not every ones choice for sure but I figure he does the foot work and I pay for it and the fact he is 35 miles away makes it easier and faster to get things right if they go wrong.

Steve.

TheE

Jun 26, 2009
Canada
If it's an ebay seller, give negative feedback. There are penalties for sellers with poor ratings and those Chinese sellers really, really want 5 stars.

Anyways, I heard they were having a problem with counterfeit batteries in China...

Last edited:

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
Well the batteries seemed to work okay. Note seemed since I didn't really have enough amps to get a good test. I am waiting to see if he just sends them since I explained about how people should do business rofl yeah right.

hiker472

Nov 6, 2008
Ontonagon County,Upper Michigan
Tough scene trying to work with a Chinese seller. What is worse is even if he has a good high feedback rating, you are still taking a risk.

I have only dealt with one Chinese seller so far and the worst of it was waiting for over a month to get what I ordered.

But like TheE says, the ones that are striving for good ratings are the ones that don't want negative feedback and will work with you. Read their feedback ratings and if they don't respond to the ones that gave them a negative, take it as a sign that they don't care.

usflg

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
he had good feedback or I never would have dealt with him. I put in a ebay complaint, so they are involved now. I figure if the batteries are on the way, no harm no foul to his feedback this way. Maybe they can get an answer from him. I did send a second email to ask why he never sent an invoice also no answer.