Tandoc Tool's "Sport-Tracker" build

GoldenMotor.com

K.i.p

Nov 8, 2009
CNY
I like it, I think the tough forks and your custom bars are going to give this one distinct personality.

sportscarpat

Bonneville Bomber the Salt Flat record breaker
Jun 25, 2009
california
That's so cool! A "sport tracker". I like the name. Definately a new direction. Welcome to the Panther cafe. Can't wait to see it with the red powder coated tank. Nice build.

Last edited:

itchybird

Nov 4, 2009
SF Bay Area.
WOW, Looks fantastic.

The clip-on bars are looking very good indeed, I saw the early blueprints on those before the first pair had even been cut, I knew those would be a winner.

You need to share the details on the forks, ie what brand donor bike to look for. Since those are nice modern forks, you no doubt have the disk brake caliper mount on them. I can imagine a set of worksman rims, laced to the hub that came with those forks and big disc rotor. Sweet!

You should consider painting the front half of the tank black using a stock Schwinn Panther paint scheme (you can buy stencils) or go with some cool looking scallops for accent.

Classic case of old meets new... fine looking ride.

Rich

TandocTools

Nov 24, 2009
KS
Thanks! I think the Teny mag wheels will look really trick and push that style even further. I think they will be here on Thursday! Here is a another couch/workbench pic in the meantime.

Attachments

sportscarpat

Bonneville Bomber the Salt Flat record breaker
Jun 25, 2009
california
Warren,
That thing is unreal! Wow! What kind of grips are those? How do you plan to mount the rear sprocket? Dave and I have been kicking around a few ideas on this end. What are your thoughts? Rear brakes? Tell us! Keep the pictures coming.
Pat

TandocTools

Nov 24, 2009
KS
Thank you very much! Without you and Dave's help, this would not have happened at all. I got the cork grips from Rivendell Bikes, but last time I looked, they were gone. There is a different type for sale there now, but I'm sure they are nice too. I had intended to go brakeless in the rear at least for a while, but my preference is disks. I have a King's sales and service 40 tooth sprocket on order and there is an option for a "top hat" adapter that would allow for a rear disc, but I want to see if I even need one first--I almost exclusivly use my front brake except if I go into a corner too hot, which almost never happens to me on a bicycle--on a superbike, it happens more often than it should!

TandocTools

Nov 24, 2009
KS
Thanks! They are old Rockshox double crown forks, but they are unidentifiable to me so far. They are Judys, but I can't tell when they were produced from the info available online. They have weird internals--not a cartridge, but two connected springs (one longer than the other) in each leg with white plastic caps that cover the internal valving tubes in the fork legs. If you can tell me what they are I would really appreciate it as I managed to mangle a top cap when I replaced the oil. I took a pic but i can't find it for the life of me :-||