Higgins Cruiser

GoldenMotor.com

RedB66

Dec 28, 2007
Sunshine State
That bike looks great. I really like the forks.. My two cents on the tires is with my expierience with them.. They don't stay white!! As with most white walls they tend to yellow a bit. I tried all kinds of bleaching agents and tire whiteners.
I use cream colored tires now and have had better luck. I think it gives the same "Period" look without all the scrubbing.

Attachments

Last edited:

myjeepcherokee

Dec 24, 2009
Missouri
Thanks for the compliments guys, the tires are Chen Shings, 26"x2.125 they were a little tight fitting so its taken some creative thinking to get them not to rub! I believe the bicycle itself is a 1959-1960 J.C. Higgins Flightliner. I did some more work on it today, made this vintage looking air filter and installed the tail light. The filter is from an old clinton engine that I cut down and modified to fit. The tail light I found at rural king, I had to install a new socket, 6v bulb and do some sanding on it to get it to match the contour of the fender....take a look!

myjeepcherokee

Dec 24, 2009
Missouri
Sooo Close to being done...still need to shorten the clutch cable, finish the wiring, and check that all the bolts are tight....then I'm going to fire it up!