Help!!!

GoldenMotor.com

I Love My Bicycle

Nov 21, 2009
Canada
I have just installed my 80cc kit and in the stage of firing it for the first time.

However, the back wheel won't move unless with an extreme push of the pedal or with a hard push of the bike.

Whether the clutch lever is engaged or not, the back wheel will not move withe extreme physical exertion as mentioned previously.

What's going on?

Help!!!

rkorson4209

Oct 10, 2009
michigan
I have just installed my 80cc kit and in the stage of firing it for the first time.

However, the back wheel won't move unless with an extreme push of the pedal or with a hard push of the bike.

Whether the clutch lever is engaged or not, the back wheel will not move withe extreme physical exertion as mentioned previously.

What's going on?

Help!!!
Are you sure that your clutch cable is pulled tight? Down on the clutch cable by the clutch arm, make sure that part of cable is degreased, then push the clutch arm in as far as you can with out dis-engaging the clutch, then push the cable lock tight to the arm, and tighten, see if it works when you pull the lever, if not try getting it tighter. Hope this helped

Last edited by a moderator:

I Love My Bicycle

Nov 21, 2009
Canada
Are you sure that your clutch cable is pulled tight? Down on the clutch cable by the clutch arm, make sure that part of cable is degreased, then push the clutch arm in as far as you can with out dis-engaging the clutch, then push the cable lock tight to the arm, and tighten, see if it works when you pull the lever, if not try getting it tighter. Hope this helped
Yep. Clutch cable and arm are fine.

How am I supposed to start my bike when my back wheel doesn't even roll without extreme push or step on the pedal?

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
1/2"-3/4" is in the ballpark.

Can you push your clutch arm over enough to disengage it by hand?

You should be able to.

K.i.p

Nov 8, 2009
CNY
I have read and personally experienced that the clutch can lock up from non-use. When I recieved my motor I thought something was wrong. I had to disengage the clutch and get the drive sprocket to break free again (I dont recomend my method as in the wrong hands it could go very wrong, but it took considerable shock). Now the clutch behaves perfectly at least so far, I am still building and have not fired it up.

I Love My Bicycle

Nov 21, 2009
Canada
Thanks everyone.

I have just figured out what one problem was. I accidentally put my regular chain on the wrong gear.

Now my regular chain is in regular gear and I could pedal my crank backwards

Anyways, pedal forward still require great amount of physical exertion.

BTW. Should my clutch lever be in locked position when I pedal normally?

joker

Oct 6, 2009
clearwater
I HAVE FOUND
if you install the rear sprocket dish inverted the chain will drag
the dished part should face in
kinda hard to explain but your rear sprocket can be installed 2 ways check which way it is

RIDE ON

I Love My Bicycle

Nov 21, 2009
Canada
Push the arm a bit more, and re-tighten the cable end. The final adjustment is pretty touchy.
I manually hold the clutch arm on the engine by pushing it in to engage while I roll the bike, but only move with extreme pushing force applying to the bike.

It also very difficult to pedal while the clutch arm is also engaged via the lever on the handle bar.

I will try firing it up for the first time tommorow.

Thanks.