new engine no start

GoldenMotor.com

bbassfisher

Oct 13, 2008
treasure coast fla.
Hi everybody,

Well here goes, took the big step and went and built an xyz chopper with front and rear disc brakes.
Added the appropiate 68/80 slant head with motor mount and shift kit. Got the chopper type of exhaust pipe. Figured out chain angle issue with the crank chain wheel almost in line with the bottom of engine. Now I can't get the darn thing to start. Turns over and sparks fine. Fuel seems to be flowing as the plug shows singns of burning fuel. Took mag side cover of, and to me it appears that the magnet does not always spin(skips).

Could I possibly have a sheared or missing drift key,(timing off) or slipping clutch?
Racking my brain in thinking about this. Need some input before proceding.
H E L P!!!

Bobby

PS materesses and tires have one thing in common.................they are always on.shft. sale.......

misteright1_99

Mar 21, 2008
Treasure Coast, Florida
If you have spark, air, and fuel I would check to make sure the clutch is adjusted properly. I have seen posts her where the engine does turn over without the spark plug installed, but under the load of compression, the engine did not turn over because of the clutch slipping.

A starting point anyway............

bbassfisher

Oct 13, 2008
treasure coast fla.
Hey there!
Thanks to Mistewright. The clutch was the culprit. Tightend it up at the star nut and it fired up
on first try. Woo Hoo!!
I have been an auto mechanic for 30 years........its the small stuff that trips you up...lol

I will try to post pictures some time next week on the finished project I am calling "lil chop''.

Thanks again guys.

Bobby

.shft.