best bicycle engine kits brand

GoldenMotor.com

Youngbird

Vendor
Dec 2, 2008
Longneck, DE
I've been all over this forum for two days now. I am looking for a good in frame 80cc(69) engine kit. The general consensus seems to be that even with some shopping with an eye to quality, its at best even money to have a geat motor delivered to you. With that in mind I think Im going the BikeBerry route. Price is good and I see they have a presence here. Yup....thats what Im gonna do. Jim.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
I've been all over this forum for two days now. I am looking for a good in frame 80cc(69) engine kit. The general consensus seems to be that even with some shopping with an eye to quality, its at best even money to have a geat motor delivered to you. With that in mind I think Im going the BikeBerry route. Price is good and I see they have a presence here. Yup....thats what Im gonna do. Jim.

yep, they sure got a slick looking ad there don't they?

Have fun.

Youngbird

Vendor
Dec 2, 2008
Longneck, DE
OK....now I feel it. Theres the trepidation that comes from reading some replys. Was that sarcasm or was it more like "sure, they're as good as any. Paranoia now. Should I rethink this....look at other engines? Man Im confused. LOL.

jasonh

Jun 23, 2008
Longmont, CO
OK....now I feel it. Theres the trepidation that comes from reading some replys. Was that sarcasm or was it more like "sure, they're as good as any. Paranoia now. Should I rethink this....look at other engines? Man Im confused. LOL.
Well you don't want to order just based on a presence of the company. BUT, any of the 3 sponsors to the left that sell motors (dax, bikeberry, spooky) will get you quality parts and quality service.

BikeBerry.com

Dealer
Nov 7, 2008
California
www.bikeberry.com
Hi Youngbird,

Thanks for considering us at BikeBerry.com for you purchase! Feel free to give us a call directly at 1800-317-0479 if you have any questions or concerns. :)

rogelio supetran jr

Dec 1, 2008
san jose,CA
TO ADD ANOTHER,
how about reducing the Clutch noise,that's my biggest concern.
better fitting bearing on the Ring gear and the clutch base. Mine flops around when you pushed on the ring gear (outer rim of the ring gear).

bicycleengine

Aug 28, 2008
beijing china
Nick- No, they are not all from China. Some are from Japan, Italy, U.S. and other countries.

The kind you sell are from China, No? They are the same thing that 90% of us run here.

In my experience I have found that no matter who sells the Chinese bicycle engine kit, the real difference is in customer service.

There is an area here where members can leave reviews and it all comes out in the wash there.

There are a few pieces in the kits that can be better or worse, but the basic engine unit is the same- a crapsoot of quality control. Some of them are pretty good, others are horrible vibrating beasts and have the lifespan of a mucklehead.:crash:
my friend, in some, you are right. but I think, all the 2 stroke engine kis from front frame are from China. I believe it . because I am in this industry , so I am very familiary with how many factories make these kind of engines.
som factories are listed here.
JIANGDU FLYING HORSE GASOLINE ENGINE FACTORY
JIANGYAN GASOLINE FACOTRY
NANTONG JIALI GASOLINE FACOTRY
YONGXING GASOLINE FACTORY
XINGTAI EVERGREEN (MAYBE IT IS A TRADE COMPANY)

IF YOU KNOW MORE THAN ME , YOU CAN TELL ME

corpuscruiseking

Dec 5, 2008
Corpus Christi
do you have a stretched frame? I have expierenced vibration on strtched frames. we incoorpurated a multipronged approach. We started by utilizing rubberized shims under the motor mounts. It caused a noticable difference. Next we changed tires and believe it or not , that helped as much as anything. Finally, we added sand in the handle bars, I think oil would have been better. We were able to minimize the vibes to a acceptable level.

Technocyclist

Motorized Bicycle Senior Technologist
Jul 7, 2008
Asia
Characteristics of the best high performance bicycle engine

The pocket bikes also comes from China and many R/C engines that reaches mind boggling RPM's and horsepower.

Would it be possible for any of these manufacturers also produce a bicycle engine with better quality? or possibly a bicycle engine manufacturer to adapt the same quality control and technology?

Ofcourse, the price would be more expensive but I think it would be really worth it.

The first manufacturer or Vendor who can build a bicycle engine with following characteristics wins this industry, and will become a well-known brand like BMW, Mercedes, etc...

A good, high performance, racing bicycle engine should have at least have one or all of the following characteristics:
1) Well-balanced and centered cranks.
2) High speed bearings.
3) Steel sleaved barrel.
4) High compression pistons.
5) Angled spark-plug on the 70cc cylinder head.
6) Matched intake and exhaust ports
7) Fully ported.
8) Reed valves.
9) Diaphragm Carburetors.

It may sound like an overkill, and probably would not fall in the category 'For street use'. But that's what I like and some of us here.

So Chris of China, why is it that none of the bicycle engine manufacturers in China has'nt come up with an bicycle engine that performs like a pocket bike engine or the same as an R/C engine?

Is it because of safety concern? and would not be legally used for street use?

Is it because it would not be fuel efficient?

There are 48cc pocket bike engines that has twice the RPM, and 4 times the horsepower of the 70cc.

Is there any research and development being done to improve these bicycle engines?

So Chris of China, please kindly provide us some update on the next generation of bicycle engines... (^)

Technocyclist

Motorized Bicycle Senior Technologist
Jul 7, 2008
Asia
what is a good motor at a good price in the 80 cc class.and how much for a pull start.if some one could give me web site to go to.Thanks
First of all there is no such thing as an 80cc bicycle engine. They only call it that but is actually only 66cc. It's not a question of how many cc, but how much power you want? There are other engines that are smaller in cc, but has twice the RPM range, and 4 times the horsepower, but does not come as a kit. So far you can browse over the sponsors to find an engine kit you like. You can try ThatsDax, ZBox.com.au, or Chris Hill. Bikeberry gives discounts for members of this forum and a 6 month warranty. Try searching on the other threads for 'Vendor Review'.

bicycleengine

Aug 28, 2008
beijing china
some engine kits are from our distributors , pls support our distributors,
we are going to be best bicycle engine facotry in China.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
engine kits from our distributors , pls support our distributors,
we are going to be best bicycle engine facotry in China.
I would still like some facts to that statement.

P.S.- advertising goes in the swap shop for private individuals, and on the sidebar for distributors and sellers.

Last edited:

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
HI RATT, WELCOME TO THE FORUM. I THINK ALL THE "HAPPY TIME" (HT), ALSO CALLED "CHINA GIRL" (CG) IN FRAME MOTORS ARE THE SAME SIZE. SOME WHERE ON THIS FORUM THERE IS A DIAGRAM OF A FRAME AND THE MEASUREMENTS NEEDED. ENJOY YOUR BUILD. KEEP US POSTED. LATER RON .fly .boogy1a .blady