who needs new tires ?

GoldenMotor.com

The_Aleman

Jul 31, 2008
el People's Republik de Kalifornistan
I have to disagree with ya. Tires are the most underrated part of any ride, in my humble opinion. Just like in the automotive world, tires change many aspects of your handling. Yeah sure, it's cool you got some Nightmare on Elm Street going on with that tire you pictured, but I can't help but be appalled at it.

Zman

Sep 10, 2010
germany
Aleman,

that was meant satirically, i couldn't know that our german's humor is so much different than yours. I'm sorry that you did it wrong.....

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
What an OUTSTANDING photo, Zman !

Gosh, great photography!

I've got tire and tube issues here, sorting through the best of what I have because I know the perils of a possible blowout and am very concerned about it now that I am attempting to motor - assist a bike.

I think I'll put up that pic as my screen saver to remind me that disasters happen in spectacular fashion when you go faster!

...Many years back I lost air in the back tire on my harley while on my way to work early one morning. I noticed the handling abruptly get loose, slowed down, and all of a sudden began to lose control as my speed decreased. I ended up turning the handlebars full-lock in an attempt to stay on the roadway, and failed.
I was nearly sideways as I came to a stop in a cloud of dust after about 30 - 40ft travel on the dirt apron alongside the road.
All I could think was, WOW ! ...as I shut down, got off and began walking home to get my truck to load it up. The valve stem had failed.

Thanks for posting the great pic!
rc

Zman

Sep 10, 2010
germany
rc,

It wasn't my tire, i've found this picture somewhere in the internet, way too funny, i must show you this^^
seriously, what's happend ? somewhere was a very stingy man who's very skilled with needle and thread to repair his blowout-tire. If he had no money for a new tire ? who knows....but in a funny ironically base, we germans call it "smart repair" in a way like "white trash repair" :D

Last edited: