i'm a dreamer & not the only one

GoldenMotor.com

decoherence

Aug 23, 2010
sebring,fl
so i got into this moto/bike thing looking for basic transportation & got totally sucked in.
i love it. it is like a relation ship.
enamoured @ first. had some troubles stuck with it & now happy.

now florida laws laws pertaining to gas/bikes says our relationship can't be.

so i think i have to graduate to making a lightweight motor cycle.
i'm good @ design & mechanics so that is not an issue.
my problem is that i don't know how to do the legality thing of building a DOT bike.
where do i find what is required of the bike to be legal & what do do to file so i can get it registered.

i've done a lot of searching on the web but all i can find is the "how to build" not the "what you need to do to get it legal".

i don't plan on leaving this scene i think of branching off of it.

see, i like the bump start thing so i want to build a "bottom bracket" to hold a split crank. the left crank toward the back & can be used as a kick stand.
the right crank will be attached to a kick start
both are independent of each other but spin back to their positions. when riding they look like a normal solid crank that will not scrape the ground.

so if anybody can give me info on what the wants wants from me, it would be awesome..shft.

DuctTapedGoat

Dec 20, 2010
Nampa Idaho
Well, call the DMV and say you want to speak with a DMV Investigator. Tell him you're building a custom motorcycle, and ask what guidelines you'll have to follow so you can pass inspection and get a state issued VIN. Idaho lists it in the statutes, but I didn't see it in Florida's.