2 stroke help

GoldenMotor.com

shotto

Aug 16, 2010
Indiana
I've got myself a new 2 stroke motor and I'm currently trying to install it. I've run in to a few problems though. There is a small wire coming out of the same place that the spark plug wire does and I have no idea what it's for. Also, I apparently don't understand how to hook up the fuel lines to the carb. And while I'm talking about the carb the motor I took off didn't seem to have one? It just had a small throttle body looking thing. So now I have no idea what is suppose to go where.
I found a stock picture of my motor on amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/images/B001Q4BULM/ref=dp_image_0?ie=UTF8&n=3375251&s=sporting-goods

That's what I'm working with. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Last edited:

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
I have that very same motor thanks to a generous member, I have no wire coming out of the plug wire and the carb on it is the same as the China Girl motor? Just a inlet for the fuel line from the tank?

I'd take some pics but right now I have no way of uploading them to my computer.

shotto

Aug 16, 2010
Indiana
So the carb just has the one fuel line hookup? The butterfly from my old motor had two. Here I was thinking this would be as simple as "take old motor off put new motor on, hook everything back up". *sigh*

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Hey there, the fuel line should go to the nipple next to the air cleaner by the choke lever. The wire is just a grounding wire for a kill switch...hook it up to a kill switch.

That is a pretty typical pocket bike motor that the carburetor feeds the crankcase directly (usually via reed block) rather than the cylinder like a convensional (shall we say) two-stroke. Cheers.

shotto

Aug 16, 2010
Indiana
Alright, thanks. So, if the gas goes straight from the tank to the carb to cylinder, how do you control the throttle speed on the motor? o_O

shotto

Aug 16, 2010
Indiana
I can't seem to get this motor of mine running. I've got it mounted to the scooter but, It won't start. Won't even try. I've got my fuel mixed, opened the choke all the way, and the spark plug is in.
Only thing I can think of is maybe the gas tank needs to be higher than the motor because there is no fuel pump? Anyone have any ideas?

gubba

Dec 29, 2008
jacksonville, florida
I can't seem to get this motor of mine running. I've got it mounted to the scooter but, It won't start. Won't even try. I've got my fuel mixed, opened the choke all the way, and the spark plug is in.
Only thing I can think of is maybe the gas tank needs to be higher than the motor because there is no fuel pump? Anyone have any ideas?
where do yo live shotto??

gubba