running into a few probs.. leaks and power

GoldenMotor.com

revanu

Jan 18, 2010
L.A
i recently installed a 66/80cc kit on my bike and the install worked out great but.. the bike sparks and turns on but doesn't like high rpms when the throttle is pulled all the way causing it to shut off the engine. also, the gas tank shut-off valve doesnt work in the off position (still shoots gas into the carb). the carb also leaks and floods. i have a fuel filter in between the gas tank and the carb

on average, the bike doesnt climb ANY hills and doesnt go faster than 5 mph

stv1jzgte

Feb 11, 2009
australia
Ok first have you cleaned the carb especially the float needle and seat this is what causes them to flood a tiny spec of crap will stop the needle from closing and fuel will poor out the airfilter.

while its still apart reinstall the brass float lever and needle n seat then turn the carb upsidedown and check the float level the brass prongs should be around 2mm above the base of the carb. hope you got that?

pull the fuel shut off appart remember how it goes back together! check its opperation by blowing through it. is the lever on backwards by any chance?

The shutting off at full throttle sounds like a lean condition to rich it would 4stroke but keep going
If cleaning the carb and checking the float level gets no results you may need to raise the eclip on the throttle needle.
let us know how you go

revanu

Jan 18, 2010
L.A
Thanks. Ill try adjusting the throttle screw and carb needle.

Also, i noticed that when the clutch is engaged, the engine shakes and the clutch pops and slips. Could that be related to the throttle or carb in any way? Its a new engine.

Thanks

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
If mounted correctly the engine should not shake at all. You may need to adjust your clutch cable. Buy new fuel petcock. Find diagram on carb and adjust the float level prongs. Also after the engine is running push choke lever down.

mick29

Jun 8, 2009
Salisbury East
How many miles has the motor done, once youve done a few hundred the motor will loosen up and the power will realy increase, my float in the carby was jamed when I first bought me motor kit I hope it all goes well for you Thanks mick29 PS HAPPY RIDING

robertgibbs

Mar 1, 2010
oklahoma city oklahoma
i recently installed a 66/80cc kit on my bike and the install worked out great but.. the bike sparks and turns on but doesn't like high rpms when the throttle is pulled all the way causing it to shut off the engine. also, the gas tank shut-off valve doesnt work in the off position (still shoots gas into the carb). the carb also leaks and floods. i have a fuel filter in between the gas tank and the carb

on average, the bike doesnt climb ANY hills and doesnt go faster than 5 mph
are you guy breaking in the engines before trying to get performance