Help!

GoldenMotor.com

cajunmike

Sep 30, 2009
Indy
:-||Help please I've installed a 80cc motor kit from BOY GO FAST and I am having trouble getting the clutch to engage. I had a problem with the magnito magnet but shimmed it with an extra washer to get it to turn I checked the crank and the clutch shafts and they seem to turn freely but the clutch seems to slip and wont turn over the motor I tried adjusting the clutch in and then backing out a hair and actually got the motor to start once but it seemed the clutch plate is slipping again where do i go from here boy go fast wont answer my e-mails thanks for any info.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Mike,
How tight do you have the clutch cable? I like to keep mine just snug enough so there is no sag or play but not so tight as to apply pressure to the clutch actuator. That's where I'd start but there are other thiongs that could be happening. Get back to us.
Tom

DJEEPER

Nov 9, 2009
Yorktown
ok, first thing to do:

release the clutch lever. roll the bike backwards to "cock" the piston...to just after TDC.

THEN try to start it the normal way. (pull in the clutch lever, pedal, then release)

cajunmike

Sep 30, 2009
Indy
Hey, I rechecked my clutch cable loosened it some, kept turning the screw that tightens clutch untill it engaged turned over motor would start and idle when peddling but would stop and not idle wouldnt idle with clutch disengaged any thoughts ? Thanks for any reply.usflg

DJEEPER

Nov 9, 2009
Yorktown
theres a screw on the side of the carb, screw it in a couple turns... it controls your minimum idle rpm speed.