The Ultimate Thumper Setup

GoldenMotor.com

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
I plan on doing it very, very soon. I all ready picked up a Point Beach to save my Trek from experimental catastrophe.
I am now researching 4 stroke power and I really like CCC's set up ALOT!

I just might steer away from an EZM and go for a torque converter set up.
I really like the fact that Quenton's tranny is all American though......

Sorry to crash your thread CCC.:oops:

I just really like your setup and I may end up being a copycat.

Edit: that's the same engine that is on my pressure washer!
I refuse to hack it though. It is the best pressure washer I have had yet, not going to hack up a good thing.....

Last edited:

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
The engine can be purchased for 200.00 to your door. Let me know if you need the contact for it...

The CVT 200.00 to your door and you have a great setup that will cruise all day long with no issues...

I say go for it....

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
How wide is it?
Which wide crank kit would you recommend?
I know what an EZM kit looks like on a cruiser, is it the same or much wider than that?
You have the gears turning in my head now, CCC.... :)
I should have the $ in a month or so.

flex man

Feb 24, 2011
Woodland Hills Ca.
I think your on the right tract with cvt go with the original COMET not GTC I am
thinking thats why I had issues .Belt lasted 2 rides spring one race..hopefully
comet is better. although I think my belt problem solved itself by wearing in
and the spring well I just ordered some from comet . We will see .I hope I have the same good luck Scotto had he has been thru the same drill and his is fine now. I wonder if the comet has the same issue with the first belt? ...

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
As far as I can find by searching the web, the original Comet Torque-A-Verter is not made anymore. (If I tried hard enough I might be able to find a NOS Comet that someone has sitting on a dusty shelf somewhere.)
Only the GTC is but at least it too is made in America, like the EZM.
Choices choices choices, But 15 inches wide.... Mounted on a Pointy Beach cruiser it would feel like pedaling a horse.....

Edit: I am going to crawl around this site and see if anyone has measured the width of an EZM. I know that they at least look less than 15 inches wide (more like 12), but if the differences between the two is only an inch or two that will be the deciding factor.

Last edited:

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
As far as I can find by searching the web, the original Comet Torque-A-Verter is not made anymore. (If I tried hard enough I might be able to find a NOS Comet that someone has sitting on a dusty shelf somewhere.)
Only the GTC is but at least it too is made in America, like the EZM.
Choices choices choices, But 15 inches wide.... Mounted on a Pointy Beach cruiser it would feel like pedaling a horse.....
Dan, my 212cc w/verter is exactly 14" wide.....don't worry, you'll get used to it quickly (and I do mean quickly) ;) The GTC is indentical to the Comet.

dnut

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
Thank you Scotto-.
I am going to be stewing on this until my bonus check comes in.
That's the bank roll that will be financing this build. It should be just enough to "get the ball rolling".

azbill

May 18, 2008
Fountain Hills, Arizona
I just measured my 49cc/Q-Matic,,,
I get approx 10.25"
my drive is a pre-production, but I believe it is really close to production size

I hope that helped :)

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
what is the size of that motor with all the plastic ,tank and muffler off? Im still stuck looking for a bigger motor for My Panther that will fit.

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
How is the Thumper build going???? I started my Honda GC160 up the other day and man is it a smooth running engine.