Grubee 4G T belt drive

GoldenMotor.com

Bubba-1

Aug 12, 2011
Wisconsin
I immediately took it out and welded it solid. The quality was just crap. It had room for about 16 ball bearings but only had 8 in it. There was a lot of slop and open space in the one way side too. It was doomed before it was even installed.

Bubba-1

Aug 12, 2011
Wisconsin
Where can one buy a solid 80 tooth pulley like it shows on the Grubee website? I can't find a place that has them.

Bubba-1

Aug 12, 2011
Wisconsin
Thanks Moto.

Drewd, it's in the large pulley. I welded the one way bearing after I took it apart and cleaned it. The shaft is 14.31mm so those pulleys aren't going to work. I'm gonna have to switch it to a freewheel drive gear setup I guess. I don't like the one way bearing pulley setup, even welded.

On the plus side though, this motor pulls like crazy. I went up a 30 degree grade yesterday no problem. I hit it at about 15mph and just gave it more gas and the more I gave it, the more it accelerated up the hill. I slowed down at 20mph for traffic and a stoplight.

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
The idea of even using a one-way bearing in the first place is a bit ridiculous.....especially one that's made in china. What was Don Grubee thinking?

You'll be fine once you get it sorted out, have fun!

dnut

userix

Jan 29, 2011
LA
How do I remove the pulley from the shaft? The kit didn't come with any gear pullers like the 2 stroke kits.

Bubba-1

Aug 12, 2011
Wisconsin
I just pried it off with a small pry bar. A large flat head screwdriver would work too. Just work your way around the pulley slowly and evenly.