HF 99cc Performance thread

GoldenMotor.com

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
So Im going to pick up a HF99 this week for My Panther. Im going to remove the govenor and get a header fabbed up, Id like to upgrade the carb to somthing "bolt-on" and get the most out of this motor I can. AKG has a page for tips on hopping small motor up but they are still working on parts for the 99cc. Im looking for sources for parts that will work with this motor. Any other tips, tricks, or parts sources would help out alot of people.

Cheers

agk

Oct 2, 2010
Santa Barbara CA
So Im going to pick up a HF99 this week for My Panther. Im going to remove the govenor and get a header fabbed up, Id like to upgrade the carb to somthing "bolt-on" and get the most out of this motor I can. AKG has a page for tips on hopping small motor up but they are still working on parts for the 99cc. Im looking for sources for parts that will work with this motor. Any other tips, tricks, or parts sources would help out alot of people.

Cheers
We don't have a 99cc engine yet. It's a little difficult for us to get our hands on one being in California. If you get one send us your cam and carb. We'll work them up for you.

If you can measure valve to piston clearance and tell us how much clearance there is we can mill the cylinder head for you. We'll port the head as well.

When we can get a couple of our own 99cc engines we'll get started on a billet rod and flywheel. With a few good performance parts this engine is going to have a lot of potential. We're excited about pumping up these little power plants!

pocdragon

Apr 30, 2011
RI
i know the 200CC 6.5hp (black case predator) becomes a whole new animal when you:

unhook the govner (theres a linkage inside the case it doesnt need to be removed completly just removed from the throttle link)

straight pipe 1.5'' exhaust
use dremel to open the exhaust port to a full circle stock is shaped like a "D"

as for the carb you just need to fiddle with the jet
a buddy of mine who used one for a gocart had access to a tray of harley jets so he found one that worked best, but im sure you can drill out the hole using a set of specific bits

full synthetic oil!

once thats setup you can start looking at the cam you can be old school and use a file and a micrometer but its best to find a cam thats made to fit, they are usually honda clone engines so the hot cams that are sold for honda are usually swappable

also nitrous oxide kit of a bicycle engine

which turns a 6.5 motor into a 13-16 hp motor

im sure some of that is relateable to the 99cc predator motor

i work at HF and just picked up an old-stock greyhound 79cc blue motor im planing on giving it all the bells and whistles, so i will be lurking this thread

Last edited:

darkhawk22

Aug 17, 2010
Acworth, GA
I'm curious about the HF 99cc as well. I went by my local HF over the weekend and they have 3 ready to go on the shelf. I'm just wondering if it will fit in my Cantilever style frame, what the exhaust options would be, what type of CVT would be used, as well as mounting plate. Also, I think there is an issue getting the carb to work with standard MB throttles.

wayne z

Dec 5, 2010
louisiana
I had no trouble mounting my 99cc in a Huffy frame. Used a BGF universal engine mount from Ebay. Also had no trouble hooking up the twist throttle to it.
Can't post pics from this pc, but you can go to the DIY forum and look at the "Preadator in frame fricton drive" thread. plenty hi res pics there. If you look at them full screen you can see all the munute details that you need.

mesmith

Jun 30, 2011
United States

wayne z

Dec 5, 2010
louisiana
I think the CVT's can be bought with the 5/8 size. you can also buy (ebay has them) adaptor bushings and use a wider key.
The Ebay bushing for 17 bux free shipping comes with the key.

motorhedfred

Jul 31, 2009
United States
These are on sale again for $99.99. There's an online discount code for 20% off. It's 20SAVE.

Does anyone know if these are physically the same size on the outside as the 212cc engines ?

MHF

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
Kind of stalled...as the usual this time of year Im crazy busy at work for the next couple months and we are getting ready to move on top of it.