What kind of wheels / adapter should I get?

GoldenMotor.com

VTHokie

Dec 18, 2012
Virginia
I know the obvious answer is to do a search on here: well I did that, and I'm dizzy with all the results / options, plus I'd like up-to-day advice.

I have the stock cruiser wheels on a Schwinn Delmar from Walmart, but now that my bike is running perfectly, I don't feel safe with the factory wheels. I'm also worried about un-truing the spokes on my rear wheel with the rag joint-mounted sprocket.

I'd like something safer and more solidly built to replace them with. Something that will last for a while, and won't put undue stress on the spokes. I'd also like a sprocket adapter, and compatible sprocket that is comparable in speed and power to the stock Chinese 2-stroke 66cc sprocket that I have installed now, but not pulling on the spokes and forcing me to true my wheel once a week.

I've looked at the Worksman SS options at Pirate Cycles, but they're out of stock and I can't find ordering info about them on the Worksman website. I've also looked at the Pirate Cycles' sprocket adapter, but I obviously can't invest in one until I know what wheels I will be using.

I'm trying to keep total price of both a front and rear wheel plus a sprocket adapter and a new sprocket under $200 (or as close to $200 as possible).

So what do you guys recommend?

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
Under 200.00 for wheels sprocket and adapter is going to be tough unless you find a set of used. I know a guy who usually has some nice used worksmans. I sent him a message. If he has any now you will be under 200 with a sportsman adapter and sprocket.
I

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
wasn't there a guy in the for sale selling nice wheels for $50? I believe they were takeoffs or something?