Board Tracker Project Started

GoldenMotor.com

RedB66

Dec 28, 2007
Sunshine State
After 30 days of thinking I was scammed. My frame and tank showed up. The tank was supposed to be a complete tank ie: filler neck, petcock and mounting bungs....not there!!

I added some bolts to the top of the tank and fiberglassed them flush. I added a petcock to the bottom the same way. Filler neck is in the mail!!

The loop on the frame needs to be wider. I've gone down to a 25T chain ring to get the motor lower.

Attachments

Last edited:

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
Congrats RedB66, on your new Board Track Racer build!!!

Your builds are always immaculate and I'm sure this build will be nothing short of immaculate!!!

Peace Crazy Horse.

Last edited:

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
CH--Think if we could get enough people to lobby Workman Cycles to build a board track frame/bike it would happen?

I'm sure they are worried about the first yahoo who puts a motor on it and gets hurt will be running to thier lawyer and cost them a lot of money for being nice people and helping us. Can't say as they are wrong in that worry.
Just a thought.

Steve.

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
I'm sure Wayne Sosin owner at worksman would be willing to build these frames if the volume was high enough.

Have you personally called worksman check it out let us know what you find out.

Peace Crazy Horse.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
CH-Yes I have thought of calling Mr.Sosin but having had a business or run a business most of my adult life,I've learned that a person carrying proof of interest is going to get listened to a lot faster than a person on the phone saying "I think".

You and I have planted the seed on Workmans web site along with one other web site member. I'm sure they are aware of the interest.
I am certain that if some of the commercial builders were to be interested to insure a continued need, Workman would gear up to bend a large enough amount of down tubes.

This out there to the builders and buyers. Should I approach Mr Sosin and tell him I have an interested group? I only want 2 bikes and I'll buy and modifiy them as I need them so if there is interest let me know. I'm retired and have time on my hands.

Just be aware that they will most certainly have concerns about liability with motors being put on them.

Steve.

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
RedB66, Sorry bout that I hope that didn't bother you to much kinda took your thread on a different road for a minute, soon as possible please post an update on status of your new BOARD TRACK RACER build.

What is next on your list that you want to complete with this build, looks like she's ready for paint?

Peace Crazy Horse

RedB66

Dec 28, 2007
Sunshine State
am i missing something? where can you order these frames from, thats beautiful!
That's the 10,000 dollar question. Since I began this hobby I've been looking for one of these frames. Theres not a "Builder" that mass produces this style frame. The ones that I've seen come from independent builders. This one was built by a guy in California that I would not reccommend.

It's in the work's to see if these frames and tanks can be produced in limited numbers.

Halcyon offers a similar frame and tank set-up.
http://motorbicycling.com/f23/halcyon-cycyle-works-board-track-racer-9094.html

dmar836

Jun 23, 2009
KC
Nice project.
Just as your tank issue proves, the proof is in the details. That sets me into a rant. The person building your tank likely bit off more than they could chew and felt they were beginning to lose money. Not that that's right but it serves to prove a point. It takes too much time and energy to build a convincing frame or tank, or anything custom unless you have a niche market willing to spend reasonable money. He should have built that tank as promised even if he lost money - in which case he was underpriced. Do it as promised and learn to set the price better next time. To find a builder of quality, you have to find a builder who values their work. That means they are priced accordingly.
I'm sure many think, "I would do kit for that." "Would" is key.
Good work on the project!