Chopper build

GoldenMotor.com

Lowandslow

Jan 24, 2011
Mesa,AZ
I finally got my tires!! 24x3 Thick Bricks and they are awesome looking! I really like the look they give the bike. Makes it more bobber like. I guess it's a bobber/chopper or chopper/bobber! Gettin' close!

Lowandslow

Jan 24, 2011
Mesa,AZ
Well, she's off the stand for the first time and resting on her tires finally!
I pedaled around to check the brakes and drive chains. Everything seems good. Not the easiest bike to pedal with the seat so low on the frame! I need to address a few things and finish the wiring/cdi installation. Overall, I'm pleased and quite proud of my first build. I'll keep you posted as I get it buttoned up and running. Thanks to all, for your support and help.

Attachments

Lowandslow

Jan 24, 2011
Mesa,AZ
Well she runs! Started right up no problems except some full throttle bogging issues which I have posted in the Troubleshooting section. Sure is fun to ride!
Nothing feels better than to build something from the ground up with your own hands and get on it and ride! Scoots along pretty good even with the carby issues not worked out and the engine not broken in yet. Should be plenty fast once dialed in.

DaveC

Jul 14, 2010
Boise, ID
I just bought one of these bikes off a craigslist ad :D After all the starts and stops I've had I got the right bike for me. Too dark right now to deal with starting to measure things but tonight I work on the photo thing so I can show what I do. Plan is to have this ready for the car show first of spring ;)