Parking garage surfing

GoldenMotor.com

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Last night I rode to the top of the parking garage at the Galleria shopping center. I think it was about 8 stories. It was late so there wasn't many people there. Then I surfed down the loopie loops to the bottom.

timboellner

Apr 1, 2009
Towson Maryland
Every time I've been in a parking garage I always thought it would be fun to blast through it on my bike ( as long as nobody backed out into me).

Just goes to show that you don't have to be way out in the sticks to have a fun ride.

My bike isn't quiet and the echo reverb effect must be pretty cool.

Nice pic by the way.

TiM

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Every time I've been in a parking garage I always thought it would be fun to blast through it on my bike ( as long as nobody backed out into me).

Just goes to show that you don't have to be way out in the sticks to have a fun ride.

My bike isn't quiet and the echo reverb effect must be pretty cool.

Nice pic by the way.

TiM
Oh yeah, there's lots of cool places to ride in the city.

I wasn't making too much noise going down to the bottom because I was coasting pretty fast.

happycheapskate

Nov 26, 2009
Rockwall TX
Dallas traffic seems to always be fast and furious, or sometimes slow and furious, over there by the Galleria. I don't like driving there. But maybe you know interesting places to ride. I bet there are some really nice neighborhoods there.

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
I get to surf my workplace parking garage's four stories, twice daily. On the three steep ramps, my Tanaka 47R engine screams. A guy who parks near me was heavily into gokarts decades ago. He said my engine sounds like a gokart engine. It really IS a gokart engine; Tanaka uses it on their Powerkarts and BladeZ scooters.

Riding up the parking garage ramp, the Tanaka is VERY loud. As it crests the ramp, I slack it down to an idle and shift to third gear, then downshift to second gear as I attack each succesive ramp. At the top of the last ramp, The engine is turned off, and the bike rolls about 150 feet to the rack.

For me, riding down the parking structure is not exciting at all. It's basically a "pre-flight" time for the engine to warm up and for me to listen for any unusual bicycle noises. The engine noise is kept to a minimum, so as not to enrage the cagers.

At the ramp's very steep exit, I use my access card to raise the arm blocking the way out. The brakes are put to a good test because of the steep descent. As soon as I leave the parking structure, I let her rip.xct2

thegnu

Sep 15, 2011
freedom pa
Oh yeah, there's lots of cool places to ride in the city.

I wasn't making too much noise going down to the bottom because I was coasting pretty fast.
I would like to get my bike into one of pittsburghs tunnels , I have been in them when harleys are cracking them open to hear their own pipes , only thing is being in a tunnel with no place to go if things get hairy , that scares me .

happycheapskate

Nov 26, 2009
Rockwall TX
Make it loud - YouTube (Kenworth 18wh jakes in long tunnel)

You won't see a KW in a parking garage (unless a newb thinks it will fit in there.) but you might hear one in a traffic tunnel.

Watch those parking lot arms!
Cyclist brokes barrier arm - YouTube

I would like to get my bike into one of pittsburghs tunnels , I have been in them when harleys are cracking them open to hear their own pipes , only thing is being in a tunnel with no place to go if things get hairy , that scares me .