how to tell if your huasheng is rev limited

GoldenMotor.com

desolation

May 21, 2012
arizona
gears are 20 tooth pulley to 100 tooth pulley to a 12 tooth sprocket to a 48 tooth rear sprocket and i can only hit 29.2 mph and it kinda sounds like its rev limited but im not sure where can i get a non rev limited cdi

Reactions: Postblue

knightscape

Jul 29, 2013
Maine
If you can hook a tach to it it should show rev limit at 6800 if it's limited. I found out a replacement Honda cdi I had put on was limited when I installed a trailtech tach/hourmeter. I got my non rev limited unit from Bikeberry.

My units looked like this:
6800rpm limited Honda on left, Huasheng non-limited on right

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
gears are 20 tooth pulley to 100 tooth pulley to a 12 tooth sprocket to a 48 tooth rear sprocket and i can only hit 29.2 mph and it kinda sounds like its rev limited but im not sure where can i get a non rev limited cdi
30 MPH is a good speed for a 49cc engine.
Your engine is not rev limited, it is power limited.
Max Power is at 6800 RPM, max Torque is at 4500 RPM, it likes to run between the two.

Once you hit ~30 MPH wind resistance is a factor, you need a bit more power to fight it, or you need to get aerodynamic.

A good combination for more power at 6800 is an NGK 7544 (CR7HIX) Iridium, and replacing the box exhaust with a pipe.

For more speed and low end performance it's gears baby, this does 38 MPH even up a slight hill with those 3" tires using gears and those 2 upgrades.

In short, efficiency gives you results, not trying to make the engine spin faster than it's internal parts can take.

Last edited:

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Max Power is at 6800 RPM, max Torque is at 4500 RPM, it likes to run between the two.

Once you hit ~30 MPH wind resistance is a factor, you need a bit more power to fight it, or you need to get aerodynamic.

A good combination for more power at 6800 is an NGK 7544 (CR7HIX) Iridium, and replacing the box exhaust with a pipe.

For more speed and low end performance it's gears baby, this does 38 MPH even up a slight hill with those 3" tires using gears and those 2 upgrades.

In short, efficiency gives you results, not trying to make the engine spin faster than it's internal parts can take.
Or mount a bigger engine like 79cc.......that will fix the slow, non climbing 49cc issue ;)

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
I agree gears don't make that much horse power on that motor. If gears were true I could have a 500 hp 49cclaff

Not to mention the power robbed from more moving parts. ;)

No replacement for displacement....

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Those are not bad engines. The gears could get you lots of slower torque IMHO. They don't make it a hot rod tho.

desolation

May 21, 2012
arizona
I've upgraded the spark plug and have a pipe on it but I think I need to gut the pipe still seems restricted I'm happy with the speed a little faster would be nice but with constant flats from goatheads its a little scary going fast and getting a flat. I do want your shift kit kcvale seems like less of a hassle than the sbp shift kit for 4 stroke but unless I can get it piece by peice its going to be a while

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
I agree gears don't make that much horse power on that motor. If gears were true I could have a 500 hp 49cc
True, gears don't 'make' HP, they optimize it via mechanical advantage.
I liken gears on a bike to an old gutless Yugo with a 3-speed manual.

A direct drive bike is like that Yugo stuck in 2nd gear.
Completely Gutless off the line and no top end.

Use the 3-speed on it and you can actually drive the thing ;-}

Then again, just a little engine and 3-speed like this...

Is no match for a huge engine even direct drive, so just pull that whimpy little motor out...

And put in a real engine ;-}

I am fine with what tiny loss a freewheel bearing may cause for the benefit of gears.

You will never understand this until you ride a geared MB, once you go gears, you never go back for a reason ;-}

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
I am fine with what tiny loss a freewheel bearing may cause for the benefit of gears.

You will never understand this until you ride a geared MB, once you go gears, you never go back for a reason ;-}
Shoot man you talkin to me?? You know I"ve tryed those heck of plenty. This is how one makes up their mind. Definitely not for me. I want my stuff to be bulletproof. Upon saying this most assuredly got different ideas. No cooky cutters in my garage ether...dance1
Say you left a bunch out of this equation about drag and longevity IMHO

Last edited:

ajoh

Mar 21, 2014
australia
I agree gears don't make that much horse power on that motor. If gears were true I could have a 500 hp 49cclaff

No replacement for displacement....
gears don't "give" any horse power only the mechanically challenged would make such a claim instead they optimize torque by increasing an spreading
the torque of the motor.

gears = torque NOT horse power........

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
gears don't "give" any horse power only the mechanically challenged would make such a claim instead they optimize torque by increasing an spreading
the torque of the motor.

gears = torque NOT horse power........
Ayup yur preaching to the Quire over here ;)

trialnerror

Oct 21, 2014
wisconsin

But you claim your engine revs to 11,500 rpm . don't you? it says so on your site as well.

when I had one of those cheapie speedometers from china it said my bike could do 38 mph , too. but then I got a real bike computer that now shows the bike to only run at best 27 mph , single speed, same bike as you have KCvale, with a 44 tooth final sprocket. the iridium plug has only one advantage being it will last longer and not extra (FREE)power- after all you preach ,power is not free., so a spark plug does not add power, possibly better spark under ideal conditions,by sending more volts through the coil, but not power. the exhaust , well there I agree, you need a better exhaust than the stock one. I cannot believe that the extra drag added( or power leached) by a jackshaft, and a few gears will let this little engine that is rev limited by the way, and not power limited will get any bike doing over 35 without much internal machining. especially going UP a grade.

But none of this has anything to do with the thread itself---"how to tell if your huasheng is rev limited", luckily it was answered before hijacked.

Last edited:

desolation

May 21, 2012
arizona
But you claim your engine revs to 11,500 rpm . don't you? it says so on your site as well.

when I had one of those cheapie speedometers from china it said my bike could do 38 mph , too. but then I got a real bike computer that now shows the bike to only run at best 27 mph , single speed, same bike as you have KCvale, with a 44 tooth final sprocket. the iridium plug has only one advantage being it will last longer and not extra (FREE)power- after all you preach ,power is not free., so a spark plug does not add power, possibly better spark under ideal conditions,by sending more volts through the coil, but not power. the exhaust , well there I agree, you need a better exhaust than the stock one. I cannot believe that the extra drag added( or power leached) by a jackshaft, and a few gears will let this little engine that is rev limited by the way, and not power limited will get any bike doing over 35 without much internal machining. especially going UP a grade.

But none of this has anything to do with the thread itself---"how to tell if your huasheng is rev limited", luckily it was answered before hijacked.

the iridium plug slight bumps the compression since its slightly longer which means slightly more power , and i was more worried about being able to hit 7800 rpms which i do now after adjusting the valves, speed is not a concern for me right now reliability is and getting the stated power out of my motor

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
but then I got a real bike computer that now shows the bike to only run at best 27 mph , single speed, same bike as you have KCvale, with a 44 tooth final sprocket.
You wish we had the same drive train ;-}

I have the one and only 10G KCK Long Shaft transfer case shifter in existence.

i was more worried about being able to hit 7800 rpms which i do now after adjusting the valves,
Ya, I tricked myself, I set my new tach to 4-stroke mode which doubles the spark count, but the HS fires on every revolution not just the compression stroke. I set it to 2-stroke and it's dandy.

What tach are you using?
I got this one for ~$15

It displays total engine hours when the engine is off, RPM's when it's running.
8.6 hours on the Fito shifter so far and no issues ;-}

Last edited:

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
the iridium plug slight bumps the compression since its slightly longer which means slightly more power , and i was more worried about being able to hit 7800 rpms which i do now after adjusting the valves, speed is not a concern for me right now reliability is and getting the stated power out of my motor
I think you have the right idea. Reliability is everything. The Kiss principle.

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
You wish we had the same drive train ;-}

I have the one and only 10G KCK Long Shaft transfer case shifter in existence.

Ya, I tricked myself, I set my new tach to 4-stroke mode which doubles the spark count, but the HS fires on every revolution not just the compression stroke. I set it to 2-stroke and it's dandy.

What tach are you using?
I got this one for ~$15

It displays total engine hours when the engine is off, RPM's when it's running.
86 hours on the Fito shifter so far and no issues ;-}
Are you saying that you've racked up over 2,000 miles on that bike so far?

You must have built it over 2 years ago at least. I think that tach is tricking you as well as yourself.......?

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Are you saying that you've racked up over 2,000 miles on that bike so far?

You must have built it over 2 years ago at least. I think that tach is tricking you as well as yourself.......?
Hahah, naw, typo, 8.6 hours ~50 miles, wasn't even built 86 hours ago ;-}