Morini 5.8 upgrade! Carb problem...

GoldenMotor.com

europorsche914

Jun 18, 2008
Lancaster, PA / Newark, DE
Well I installed a 4 petal reed and Dellorto phbg ds "race carb" on my morini s6-t. I looked online at the LEM RX3 (morini s6-c engine) forum and they use a 92 main jet, 48 pilot jet, 60 starter jet in their phbg's, but I cannot find what needle, atomizer, or slide the morini s6-s/c phbg utilizes... I have the above main jets and dellorto's factory installed slide (30), needle (w9), atomizer (262) but the engine will not run between 1/3 throttle to 1/2 throttle without the choke on and will not run past half throttle... it idles and pulls fine to 1/3 throttle... Does anyone with an s6-s/c know what the atomizer, needle, and slide their motor has? Thanks -Justin

europorsche914

Jun 18, 2008
Lancaster, PA / Newark, DE
Please post ! thanks your results and your assessment of improved performance thanks
Gene
Its amazing how busy we get with life sometimes... Anyway I noticed much faster acceleration and higher top speed, but it is running too rich down low (4 stroking) and too lean up high so im changing my slide and main jet accordingly. Parts should arrive this week from herdan... -Justin