Humpback Indian copy??

GoldenMotor.com

jezusjonz

Feb 26, 2008
Indiana
Im not sure if I really ever posted this so if I did just look over me. I built this at the end of last year and rode it for a bit before winter set in. But its my weak attempt at a 1903 I think Humpback Indian. I used a Sears Freespirit frame made the tank altered the muffler and chopped the fenders a bit to match the picture. I want to build a small bullet shaped pipe to put in front and stick the plug wire and cdi in. Has anyone ever taken one apart? I need to make it a bit smaller to use the right size pipe. But planning on when the weather gets better to strip her down and paint her black.
I just love the old Indians I wnated to flip the head and run the carb up front and the pipe out the back but wasnt for sure if that could be done or not. So heres a few pictures...later
Terry

Attachments

commander

Mar 19, 2009
penn state
thats where I have seen that tank before, ive seen this bike posted several times here but i never put 2 and 2 together . and yes you made a very similar copy to the Indian in the picture for sure.

good job

toytime

Mar 20, 2008
Ontario
Blows me away, the amount of room in that frame. You could get a second engine in there.
Nice job on that tank, I know you spent hours on that project.