Flat out or nothing?

GoldenMotor.com

Wm Holden

Jun 1, 2011
Ventura California
Has anyone found theirs runs better by adjusting the needle to a richer setting? Like the 1st or 2nd nearest groove to the needle pointed end?

I did a test ride today, it doesnt shudder so much at lower speeds but it is much slower at full throttle...
Thats why you lean out the main jet...then you will get your top end back..
try a 68 or 66

nightcruiser

Mar 25, 2011
USA
guess I'd better order those jets
You seem to have covered all the other bases, so jetting would be you next logical step. I would buy some various jets and check them out, specially if they are so cheap.
You can also buy a mini drill bit set and make custom jets. If you need to go smaller just solder up the hole and drill out smaller... Probably want to do this with your spare jet.....

brett7777

Aug 19, 2011
Auckland, New Zealand
You seem to have covered all the other bases, so jetting would be you next logical step. I would buy some various jets and check them out, specially if they are so cheap.
You can also buy a mini drill bit set and make custom jets. If you need to go smaller just solder up the hole and drill out smaller... Probably want to do this with your spare jet.....
thanks NC, have ordered. also gonna try the China 'performance pipe'.
Performance Exhaust Systems Cycle Pro Motors

brett7777

Aug 19, 2011
Auckland, New Zealand
The local engine supplier has not been able to supply any .65 thru to .68 jets. They are trying to get some from China. I will try buying the pipe in the meantime. Would be good to find somewhere with Int'l shipping that supplies jets for the NT carb.

brett7777

Aug 19, 2011
Auckland, New Zealand
Shoot them an email. They answer them real fast. These are great guy's to do business with.
Yep did that. They are also very fast at shipping, their shipping guy works at night.
It looks like the wrong order has already shipped. They told me to make sure & order the right thing.
These cost more to ship here to NZ, than the jets.
It looks like I will have to wait 10 days to get them , then send them back (10days), then wait another ten days to get the right ones.
And that, with all the international shipping, makes them very expensive jets, & very slow to get.
I must check what links people have sent me next time, before ordering; should've known better.

nightcruiser

Mar 25, 2011
USA
The local engine supplier has not been able to supply any .65 thru to .68 jets. They are trying to get some from China. I will try buying the pipe in the meantime. Would be good to find somewhere with Int'l shipping that supplies jets for the NT carb.
I am pretty sure I said this before, but you can adjust your existing jet by drilling it out with machinist mini drill bits. If you need to go smaller you can solder your jet shut and then drill back through the hole with a smaller bit. If you are unable to get the jets in your country this is probably the best bet. If you are ordering the exhaust perhaps order some jets wherever you order the exhaust? If they don't have various jet sizes to choose from just get one stock size jet, or buy a carb rebuilt kit which includes the jets (rebuild kits are cheap). This way you can leave your existing jet intact and experiment with drilling the second jet...