Bucking bar length

GoldenMotor.com

Mjkx8

Jun 22, 2011
United States
Hey guys. So my bike has been out of commission for a while now and it's because my bucking bar went missing. I ordered a new one and put it in but it is way too long. When I put the clutch cover on it barely fits and when I do get it on if I pull back on the clutch lever it will snap the lever because the bar is so long. The steel ball is still in place, but how long should the bucking bar be?

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Hey guys. So my bike has been out of commission for a while now and it's because my bucking bar went missing. I ordered a new one and put it in but it is way too long. When I put the clutch cover on it barely fits and when I do get it on if I pull back on the clutch lever it will snap the lever because the bar is so long. The steel ball is still in place, but how long should the bucking bar be?
Sounds to me like your original bar might still be in there. Are you sure it was missing and not just stuck?Try adjusting the clutch lever to get action...I'm baffled.

Mjkx8

Jun 22, 2011
United States
I put some thin pliers down there to try to feel if the steel ball was still there, it felt spherical so I assumed it was the steel ball...plus, whatever it was, was down in there pretty deep...like an inch or two..is it possible that the bar could have gotten shoved down there?

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama
Loosen the flower nut, install your parts, then readjust the flower nut.
To answer your question, the length of the bucking bar is 27.5mm. Actually with a caliper is 27.67

Also if you think the ball is still in there get a pencil magnet (if you want to be certain) stick it in the clutch shaft. If it's in there it will pull it out.

Last edited: