Bucking bar to camshaft problem.

GoldenMotor.com

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Welcome to the forum Dave, you need to tighten the flower nut on the clutch. You can tap it with a punch to turn it.

Dave Polyakov

May 13, 2019
Welcome to the forum Dave, you need to tighten the flower nut on the clutch. You can tap it with a punch to turn it.
I’ve tightened the flower nut and it still wants to stick out too far. The bucking bar still wont move at all. As you can see in the photo the bar makes the cam shaft stick out way too far. Any more tips??

Attachments

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Dave there’s a flat spot on the shaft the arm connects to, the end of the bar goes against the flat. If you have to the arm can be rotated to where you want it, the arm and shaft are splined.

Dave Polyakov

May 13, 2019
The
Dave there’s a flat spot on the shaft the arm connects to, the end of the bar goes against the flat. If you have to the arm can be rotated to where you want it, the arm and shaft are splined.
When I got the engine and first connected the clutch cable everything was working fine. I took off the cover to put on the chain and went to put it back on I realized it wasn't possible. I didn't do anything that should have messed it up. The flat spot on the cam is almost parallel with the arm and I haven't messed with the angle of it at all since I got it. Besides even with the arm sticking out I cannot push it in at all no matter how hard I push it. I hope this information helps you understand exactly what my problem is. Thanks for all your help!

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
The cover will not fit flush with the bar on the flat of the shaft, you will have to start all three screws and tighten them gradually to compress the spring inside. Point the arm parallel with the frame and start the screws.