Bought a seatpost

GoldenMotor.com

James912

Apr 12, 2011
Florida
I bought a schwinn comfort seat and i needed to get a seat post that would fit in the adapter,(cuz my last setup wouldn't work. So i ordered a 1 inch seat post. It arrived, I put in in the seat post tube, and guess what? ITS 1MM TOO SMALL! I was so irritated. lol So I've gotta make a shim. I'm gonna try a piece of a soda can. i've tried a hose clam, but thats just barely too big. :/ Great solid steel seat post though and it fits in the clamp the bike seat came with. The bike seat is way more comfortable than the mtn bike seat. Long rides is no pain at all. I'd rather not ride around with the seat wanting to move side to side. lol I'd look kinda funny... :)

I could drill a hole thru the seatpost and seatpost tube, and put a cotter pin and that would keep it at the right height and it wouldn't move side to side. But, theives would steal my seat in a heartbeat. They'll steal anything thats not cemented down...and even then there are some who would still try.

killercanuck

Dec 17, 2009
Wallaceburg ON
If the whole post is 'out of whack' by 1mm, that's only .5mm a side. beer can shim could do the trick... if you have to hammer the post down with a sledge hammer, all the better... no ones walking away with your seat, that's for sure.

The first thing I do on a new bike is replace the quick-release with a bolt(srsly, I have like 9 of the dang things). Once your height is where you like it, bolt it, double nut it, red/green locktite it, and forget about it.

can always bring a Gelseat in with you too, if its that bad. But yea, it sux when your seat gets 'gone' and you have to peddle while sitting on your rear rack(if your lucky)

gl.