The "Plug-and-Play" Bikes for 2-stroke china engines thread.

GoldenMotor.com

Salty Gator

Aug 3, 2009
Florida
I bought a huffy cranbrook, and the entire install went smooth as ever, despite the horrible installation instructions! Haha.
I was reading in the forum a while back that the CranBoob is a great first build.....ample room for the motor and intake...no frills....blah blah blah....and only 88 bucks at Wally World....they're great learning tools .....and you're right....included instructions with the kit suck goat balls.......

Laters,
Salty.shft.

Salty Gator

Aug 3, 2009
Florida
Two that are Too Easy
Easy install Gary Fisher Mamba, older model. Tight fit for carb but otherwise it fits perfect. (SBP Kit and motor from Spookytooth) Me

Room to spare Fuji Odessa I think you could put a small pinto engine in it with room for (Livefastmotors 80cc) Mark
Need to include the Schwinn Landmark.....complete *plug-n-play*...119 bucks at Wally World...

Laters,
Salty.shft..shft.

Salty Gator

Aug 3, 2009
Florida
what about the huffy cranbrook
..There are many threads and posts regarding the Cranboob.....most folks laud them....some don't....but that's my next build...I picked one up from K-Mart brand new...for $70.00.....no I'm not kidding...all black with chrome fenders....waiting now on a Grubee GT5.....later down the road depending on whether or not I deem it doable I will spring the front...and other goodies....but the Cranboob seems to make a good build....

Laters,
Salty.shft.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Don't know if anyone mentioned the multitude of diamond framed bikes from the 50's onward...also, any "beach cruiser" from the 50-70 will fit no problem.

Finally, did someone say Cranboob?

Yesh, yesh they did.

Attachments

Salty Gator

Aug 3, 2009
Florida
Don't know if anyone mentioned the multitude of diamond framed bikes from the 50's onward...also, any "beach cruiser" from the 50-70 will fit no problem.

Finally, did someone say Cranboob?

Yesh, yesh they did.
I confess....mea culpa...I said it !..that's a fine "Cranboob" you've built up...no one can deny the classic lines they have nor the simplicity of the build itself....hence my next project.....more to come ...stay tuned..same Bat Time....Same Bat channel ! ....

Laughs,
Salty.shft.

850 Combat

Jan 31, 2010
Valdez, AK
I see that nobody picked a Schwinn Point Beach Cruiser. I hope it works. Just bought it on line for an X-80 kit. Thinking about the Sick Bike jackshaft kit and wanted a multi speed cruiser. I may wish I had selected a steel framed cruiser.

moronic_kaos

Apr 6, 2010
Connecticut
Any general Trek mountain bike from the 90's should be a decent build. I had like the most generic cheapo one built in 1995 back when I was into biking, and I still have a photographic memory of what that bike looked like (though the model escapes me right now). Woulda made a great fit. Very similar to this bike: http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u92/epicurean_rider/Trek950after-1.jpg

What I haven't seen yet is something hooked up to a GT. They're usually expensive as **** but I bought one used once for $30. Nice comfortable ride for a bike that doesn't have full suspension. Hmm.... wish I still had it. Though it made for nice recycling. Traded it for a broken moped, then parted that out & used the money to buy my BGF kit. lol.

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
Mebbe not the same "GT" you were thinkin' of, but there's a fully suspended version that's perfect fer a HT - Sick Bike Parts has a pic of one on their homepage;

GT LTS full suspension frame

There's even one being sold in 'Swap and Shop' (for now)... which is a shame (for me) 'cause I was lookin' fer a 90's GT for almost a year lol, now I've got a different dream ;)

http://motorbicycling.com/f23/gt-lts-2-perfect-full-suspension-18234.html

weekend-fun

Jun 21, 2009
San Carlos CA
Most pre-war/post-war/vintage womens frames are sturdy and can fit motors. Just got to get a tank, which isn't hard to make, and you can buy them.

Sam

Last edited:

DudeZXT

Jun 20, 2010
Lexington, KY
Anybody ever tried the Shogun Safari or Northwoods Men's Belle Aire, both by Kent and seen at Meijer and Target?

Kent Bicycles - Adult Bikes

I'd love to find a bike similar to the GT LTS, with dual/full frame suspension and no worries about riding over bumps and breaking a frame. Seeing posts of broken Schwinn Point Beach Cruisers (frame and fender) really has me kinda scared...

Thanks for any help!