florida stinks!!

GoldenMotor.com

john grisham

Sep 7, 2009
atlantic beach jacksonville fl
whats up

hey captainrichhill i live in atlantic beach and there's 3 people bye my house with mbs
my bike is a 48 cc with stock sprocket that iam about to change in a couple of weaks
but it does 27 mph right now i put alot of chrome skulls on it painted the fenders and gas tank
and i put flame pinstripe down the whole bike and cut out the fenders just a lot of custom stuff
it looks pretty cool hit me up we can ride talk bikes what ever.

how do you like the 36 tooth sprocket

http://motorbicycling.com/images/smilies/xx.gif
.xx.

BrettMavriK

Oct 3, 2008
Tampa Bay, FL
I've already been around the FL DMV, even spoke to head of the Bureau of Field Operations.
The FL DMV just chooses not to give you a registration for your title-less moped because of regulation hassle with EPA and regulation of our home-built's to Compliance and Safety. They do however classify us a "Still A Bicycle", but we have to follow Motor Vehicle Road Rules. You get a plate here and you're a Moped. This means you can't go over 30mph. So, Actually FL is very cool.
Because I'm "Still a Bicycle" to them, and they won't classify me a Moped, they really can't enforce the speed limit on me, nor if I have 5 speeds. They do care if my bike has a bigger engine than 50cc however; they are very ready to classify me as a motorcycle if I do that.
Georgia has one up on them however. Same rules, but you do not have to have pedals.
Now that is freedom.

Last edited:

turtle tedd

Jul 18, 2009
florida
I have been riding my MB in St. Petersburg for 4 months ...you do not have to register it..I pass cops all the time ..I wave to them ..they wave back..no problem...if you are riding stupid and do get stopped you will need to have a valid drivers license

Last edited:

ZnsaneRyder

Nov 21, 2008
FLORIDA
I've already been around the FL DMV, even spoke to head of the Bureau of Field Operations.
The FL DMV just chooses not to give you a registration for your title-less moped because of regulation hassle with EPA and regulation of our home-built's to Compliance and Safety. They do however classify us a "Still A Bicycle", but we have to follow Motor Vehicle Road Rules. You get a plate here and you're a Moped. This means you can't go over 30mph. So, Actually FL is very cool.
Because I'm "Still a Bicycle" to them, and they won't classify me a Moped, they really can't enforce the speed limit on me, nor if I have 5 speeds. They do care if my bike has a bigger engine than 50cc however; they are very ready to classify me as a motorcycle if I do that.
Georgia has one up on them however. Same rules, but you do not have to have pedals.
Now that is freedom.
FL straight up SUCKS! After just getting charges dropped for riding without a license, I just got arrested and thrown in jail and my bike impounded. I was riding at 14mph! The pig didn't even call it a motorized bicycle, even though I told him so. After I got out of jail, I got a paper about an old 2004 law (322.01 F.S.) about "motorized scooters" not being allowed on the roads at all. Florida Driver License Information

He didn't even listen when I told him it's legal, and he's saying stuff like "only 10mph" and other nonsense. I REALLY hope I get this charge dropped, and I'm done with riding if this is what happens. He didn't consider my motor size, speed, or any other factors, just the fact my bicycle had a MOTOR! Charged with failure to register a motor vehicle!

Also I got a printout of FL statues, and they are very vague. They mention electric motor, but doesn't mention gas. Also I went to the GOVT office today, and they mentioned for sure, that a bicycle does not need registration.

One hand doesn't talk to the other in FL, be VERY careful out there!

Last edited:

Salty Gator

Aug 3, 2009
Florida
FL straight up SUCKS! After just getting charges dropped for riding without a license, I just got arrested and thrown in jail and my bike impounded. I was riding at 14mph! The pig didn't even call it a motorized bicycle, even though I told him so. After I got out of jail, I got a paper about an old 2004 law (322.01 F.S.) about "motorized scooters" not being allowed on the roads at all. Florida Driver License Information

He didn't even listen when I told him it's legal, and he's saying stuff like "only 10mph" and other nonsense. I REALLY hope I get this charge dropped, and I'm done with riding if this is what happens. He didn't consider my motor size, speed, or any other factors, just the fact my bicycle had a MOTOR! Charged with failure to register a motor vehicle!

Also I got a printout of FL statues, and they are very vague. They mention electric motor, but doesn't mention gas. Also I went to the GOVT office today, and they mentioned for sure, that a bicycle does not need registration.

One hand doesn't talk to the other in FL, be VERY careful out there!

You didn't state what town you are in....and I'm sorry you had such a hassle....I on the other hand have been stopped by cops simply wanting to know more about the bike...how to build one....where to get the kit ...blah blah.....they've all seemed enthusiastic about it.these bikes are completely legal in Florida...I guess you just have had the misfortune to come across either an ignorant redneck cop or one trying to score points in the police dept....

Laters,
Saltybrnot

vballspen

Jul 8, 2009
florida
alright so the jury is still out on this one then. i just kill the engine and peddle past any coppers. the other day i coasted past 2 cops that were standing outside of there cars with a speed trap. they just nodded as i coasted past without the engine on. just be smart and safe.

vballspen

Jul 8, 2009
florida
its never a bad thing to be safer than needed all it takes is one copper to have a bad day and be out to get everyone.

BrettMavriK

Oct 3, 2008
Tampa Bay, FL
Znsane,
buddy, you are a special case.
A pusher trailer with a lawn mower engine over 100cc.
That is a big red flag for the police because the lines of legal
on that rig of yours is so blurry. The power comes from the trailer,
so the bike has no engine to be considered a motorcycle. But the huge motor
is well over 50cc visually. I know you were cleared in court before for a skeptic cop,
and I have to say with your outlandlish ride I do not think it will stop.
Sometimes you just have to fall in and play along with what they do allow,
but push that allowance to the absolute limit....

'Brett

scabz24

Oct 16, 2009
dunedin fl.
I live in Fl. and love it except in june,july,and aug. when you loose 5lbs. just walking to the mailbox,however in jan Im riding and not shoveling snow like I had to do as a kid,obey bike laws? sounds pretty good to me.

Salty Gator

Aug 3, 2009
Florida
I live in Fl. and love it except in june,july,and aug. when you loose 5lbs. just walking to the mailbox,however in jan Im riding and not shoveling snow like I had to do as a kid,obey bike laws? sounds pretty good to me.

Recently I had the opportunity to converse with several LEO's.....( Law Enforcement Officers )
this was while at our annual Homecoming Parade ( GO GATORS ! ).....They loved my bike !.....asking all kinds of questions and none of those questions regarded anything remotely legalize......They wanted to know if I'd build them a bike........Florida rocks !....at least where I am....( Gainesville )

Laters,
Salty.shft.

Blakenstein

Sep 15, 2009
Alta. Canada.
You didn't state what town you are in....and I'm sorry you had such a hassle....I on the other hand have been stopped by cops simply wanting to know more about the bike...how to build one....where to get the kit ...blah blah.....they've all seemed enthusiastic about it.these bikes are completely legal in Florida...I guess you just have had the misfortune to come across either an ignorant redneck cop or one trying to score points in the police dept....

Laters,
Saltybrnot
Even though I don't live in Florida, you are absolutely right about cops.You are going to find that one half of one percent are nothing but stinking dirty rotten scum sucking commie******** Nazis,even worse.Up here in toilet ville(Edmonton) I just got a 250.00 fine for jay walking. There are naked butchers running around out there with chain saws and they're after us jay walkers.Are they some kind of maggoty aliens up here running some kind of worm farm or something???Man, I wish I lived in Florida but I got to settle for Edmonton of crap. :(

Salty Gator

Aug 3, 2009
Florida
Even though I don't live in Florida, you are absolutely right about cops.You are going to find that one half of one percent are nothing but stinking dirty rotten scum sucking commie******** Nazis,even worse.Up here in toilet ville(Edmonton) I just got a 250.00 fine for jay walking. There are naked butchers running around out there with chain saws and they're after us jay walkers.Are they some kind of maggoty aliens up here running some kind of worm farm or something???Man, I wish I lived in Florida but I got to settle for Edmonton of crap. :(

GAWD !.....move on down Blake !.....I just today rode my bike to the annual Florida Gators Homecoming Parade...( GO GATORS ! )....I had several cops with me watching the parade and ALL of them LOVED my bike !....not ONE gave me ****....not one !......I don't know how it is up there except from what you describe but I have to feel for you.;.....****ing nazis !

Laters,
Salty.shft.

Blakenstein

Sep 15, 2009
Alta. Canada.
Thanks for the invitation ,Salty Gator. I sure wish I could move, but thanks to mo-dad&the diddlers and the commie nazis,I'm stuck here in toilet ville for the rest of my life and I'll end up dieing here. There are worse places to live but this Edmonton of crap is very cold dark and lonely ;I did have some good times here and I feel sorry for the good people that have to live here.This is a no where city of dreary nothingness.-cannot even go out for a good time without some comie nazi slapin me with 250.00 for jay walking. I'm really beginning to hate them.Edmonton Alberta is Toilet Ville. P.S. I'm too old now to make a fresh start,Edmonton has a weird way of trapping people and unless you have money,the you cannot get out.

GeneFiorot

Feb 12, 2009
Punta Gorda Florida
Florida is going to stink a lot worse and so are a lot of other places if Creative Engineering shuts its doors. Its time to order those parts fellas and support Jim before it is too late.