Weak Exhaust Weld

GoldenMotor.com

ResetBTTN

Mar 18, 2013
Killeen, TX
Once the engine got twice as loud as it was before I didn't know what to expect.

I was on my way to Fort Hood post for the first time with my bike...weekends barracks check. Perfect day for a long long haul ride and my exhaust snaps in half just past where the kickstand rattles against it.
A litle further up the road was an AutoZone so I borrowed a tool to remove the anchored end from the bike...had the associate hold on to it for me after hearing his compliments and questions then kept on riding.
Plenty more head turns, stares and thumbs up directed at this LOUD pedalchopper I was back home. Monday I'll be at the weld shop!

Awesome ride Awesome ride Awesome ride
dance1

Attachments

Trey

$50 Cruiser
Jan 17, 2013
Where cattle outnumber people 3 to 1.
Nice gas-bike Reset! I'd suggest putting an end to the kickstand rattling. Maybe a piece of rubber (hi-temp automotive transmission cooler line?) around the kickstand where it contacts the exhaust? There must be a way to stop it from beating up your bike... Good luck!

Toadmund

Jan 19, 2012
Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada
Now, where the muffler mounts on to the rear, if you drilled a hole between the frame hole and the hole closest to your muffler and use that hole to mount on to your frame, that might raise it enough to become a non-issue with your kickstand.

ResetBTTN

Mar 18, 2013
Killeen, TX
Trey that was an idea to put thick rubber sleeves on the kickstand feet...still want to and definitey will now.
I'm also still looking for a single leg kickstand for these choppers...haven't seen one by any chance have you?

Trey

$50 Cruiser
Jan 17, 2013
Where cattle outnumber people 3 to 1.
I have not. I went to Bird Dog Dist (local gas-bike shop) and got the type that flips down from behind your rear tire. It's heavy, but works great- holds it straight up, and I can run it on the kickstand for repairs etc.

Braddo

Aug 4, 2012
Australia
you might want to try a gromit to rubber mount where your exhaust bolts to the frame also. vibration from the little china girl is the killer of most parts on my bike too!