Simple 4th build

GoldenMotor.com

Moto

Jan 7, 2012
San Francisco, CA.
Built this bike for a friend of a friend. It was a really easy build, everything fit perfectly. Each engine kit comes with some "defects" and on this kit they were a stuck clutch cover screw (removed with impact wrench) and a stripped gastank stud. The frame is a strong 90's huffy "mountain bike" with somewhat crappy suspension. It will smooth out the road. Im waiting of a brake leaver for the front v brakes. Here are some pics:

No chain tensioner here...

He is a bit of a noob with these engines, so this should help him with starting...

The kit also came with this funky exhaust pipe, its real quiet but needs the flange filed out:

The kit is from motovelo, he bought it and got upgraded to their "ported and polished engine for free. Let me just say that it is NOT worth another 50 bucks for the ported (and definitely not polished) version. He had not even taken off the intake manifold to open it up. Somebody definitely had opened up the exhaust a tiny bit, but it needed a lot more porting. I like motovelo dont get me wrong but They need to do a better job with their upgraded model as I can tell you, it does NOT do 35 mph out of the box. Moto