Install engine on a bicycle with rear disc brake.

GoldenMotor.com

lexa2502

Jun 19, 2012
Russia
I am on this forum the first time. Please tell me whether you can install the engine on a bicycle with a rear disc brake? I would be grateful for the responses.

Dontwannawalk

Dec 23, 2009
Iowa
I haven't done this personally but, I'd explore the possibility of installing a jack shaft with the motor to transfer the drive over to the original wheel sprockets on the right side. That would leave the left side mounted disk as it is. Another possibility would be to replace the rear wheel with a new one with a coaster brake which I did on my mountain brake frame. I found a set with heavy spokes on e-bay that made a much safer set of wheels than I'd had before. I hope that that helps a little, Come on members, let's have a few ideas here!!!!! .duh.

Hoze513

Nov 24, 2011
Joliet, illinois
Great idea. I have 32 spokes rims. And was thinking about getting disk brake on the back. I really want a hub adaptor. But they don't make them for 32 spokes. So this will be the next choice. Instead of buying new rim, I really like my rims.

d_gizzle

May 29, 2012
ARDMORE,OK
Umm...there is a vendor with an ad,right side of your screen,5th ad down,that sells sprockets and disc brake hub adaptors that allow you to run both drive sprocket and disc rotor/caliper on the left side. Kings sales is the name.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Umm...there is a vendor with an ad,right side of your screen,5th ad down,that sells sprockets and disc brake hub adaptors that allow you to run both drive sprocket and disc rotor/caliper on the left side. Kings sales is the name.
Yes, I posted Andrews thread instead of the link to his site.

d_gizzle

May 29, 2012
ARDMORE,OK
I seen that Dave31 but that thread is old and the vendor ad is right there on the side. Maybe a link would be better than a description,even if it comes with pictures.