OCC Stingray motor mount,hub adaptor and muffler

GoldenMotor.com

chrisc

Mar 26, 2012
woonsocket, ri
Hi, I am in the process of getting started building up a motorized schwinn occ stingray. I have been looking online at some really nice builds and want to use the best of everything on my build but I don't know where to buy everything. A couple of main components I want for the bike is the motor mount adaptor, long drag pipe, hub adaptor and better brakes, preferably disc brakes for best stopping power. I have found a few of these items online but some of the prices seem a bit high and wondering if any of you know where I can buy these items and at a good price. Probably most important would be the brakes, I need to know what is the right size fitting for this bike and exactly what I'll need for the disc brakes. Thx chris.

dragray

Mar 10, 2012
Indiana
yeah expensive is right. If you have the skills you can weld up your own engine mount, but really, buying one already made is probably the best option....less headaches.
the drag pipe is expensive too, so I made a long drag pipe out of the stock pipe and a $30.00 long pipe i got off e-bay.
the long pipe (sold by b.g.f. on e-bay) will not fit an o.c.c. i it's stock form. the part of the pipe that bolts to the engine needs to be extended so that the pipe will clear the bottom bracket and the cranks.
whatever you do, please find a better looking gas tank for your o.c.c. because the stock kit gas tanks look hideous on an o.c.c. in my opinion.
here's my o.c.c. with my custom made pipe, and my custom made gas tank.

chrisc

Mar 26, 2012
woonsocket, ri
Hi and thx for the info....Your bike looks SWEET!! I love that custom gas tank and I do agree with you on that the stock one supplied would probably look like crap, but I don't know where to get one. Did you make this one yourself?? Or did you buy it? When looking at the pic of your bike looks like you used one of those extended adaptors I have seen that supposedly also help with the performance. Also. did you do anything to upograde your brakes?

dragray

Mar 10, 2012
Indiana
well, as for the tank, it was a combination of both.
I bought it off e-bay (it's from a jesse james chopper bicycle). Then i had to do a lot of work to make it functional and look good.
I have a lot of time doing body work on the tank to smooth it out.
extended adaptors ??
what are you referring to?
My brakes are stock, rear caliper only but i slightly modified the brake caliper so it wouldn't interfere with the drive chain.

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama
I've also built a OCC. I make most of my non stock parts, including a engine mount for this chopper..

But have found that a engine mount for a OCC is really cheaper to buy vrs material and the time to make one. The mount is a perfect 75 degree "V" and is offset for the chain.

Here is a mount and exhaust for sale.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Schwinn-OCC...579?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a11d562db

Find this a little misleading as it included the muffler as pictured.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Schwinn-OCC...533?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a1051a4f5

saetta

Jul 29, 2008
Central Missouri
Great bike to motorized for sure. Both front and rear brakes are a plus. Schwinn factory forks with brakes studs are still appearing on Ebay. That is the route I went with mine. Both of my brakes respond to a single brake lever and the bike stops good at all speeds. rear sprocket adapter is worth the $.Bringing the seat position back is also a way to accommodate an adult rider. Enjoy your build!

Attachments

DaveC

Jul 14, 2010
Boise, ID
Great bike to motorized for sure. Both front and rear brakes are a plus. Schwinn factory forks with brakes studs are still appearing on Ebay. That is the route I went with mine. Both of my brakes respond to a single brake lever and the bike stops good at all speeds. rear sprocket adapter is worth the $.Bringing the seat position back is also a way to accommodate an adult rider. Enjoy your build!
BBBP.net has the forks for $15, brakes for $10 or less. Their ordering process is a little different but no big deal.

Give 'em a try ;)