mock up kinda rough

GoldenMotor.com

thegnu

Sep 15, 2011
freedom pa
Got the wiring harness made an in place all ready had power in it from my booster pack an man alive those lights look good ! as soon as the last of the parts show up I will post pics .....an I am getting antsy waiting .

thegnu

Sep 15, 2011
freedom pa
I can do that but you guys will have to wait till it is actually running----until then ya got to settle for pics. maybe monday I will post a few pics of the turnsignal switch that took 3 hours to make .

thegnu

Sep 15, 2011
freedom pa
had a lil time to kill today an a small job to do for my neighbor that I had been putting off for like ever...basicly it gave me an excuse to get in the shop an do a few more things on the mb (got to love them ulterior motives ! ) the wife new what I was up to an didnt care so . here ya go .
I found a switch housing laying around an a like new tachometer mount it took some doing but now its a perfect switch an mount. an behind the covers I built to hide the cdi are more wires than I care to count anymorethe only real places you see wires are at their ends an under the motor an where they cross over to the swing arm,got some small tool bags to hang on either side below the seat an behind the tank for the battery on one side an the obvious tools on the other, an finally fitted up the rear brakes. an as I have promised when it runs video will follow .

Attachments

thegnu

Sep 15, 2011
freedom pa
BOY OH BOY , got happy today my tool bags showed up so I installed them , an made sure they would never move I drilled 3 small holes in the back side an used auto upholstery screws to tightly attach to the frame then laced them together across the top for the illusion , also finally finished my kick stand .

Attachments

thegnu

Sep 15, 2011
freedom pa
My tires came today with the battery pedals tubes an rim strips , an for the first time in a month an a half it is on the ground on its wheels , I took care of a bunch of loose ends now if the shock an seat show up monday I will put up finished pics ,I cant wait you guys got to see this thing it looks incredible .

thegnu

Sep 15, 2011
freedom pa
Re: mock up kinda rough , finished

All done, everything adjusted an working fine, just need to start it an put on the new seat when it gets here . I am sooooo ready for that ! dance1

Attachments

vincent713

Jun 2, 2010
Dallas
It turned out awesome! I especially like the 2 disc brake, the fact that you put multi gears to make it easy to pedal and the saddle bag is the icing on the cake. Nice job!

thegnu

Sep 15, 2011
freedom pa
Thank you I am especially pleased with the out come , soon as I get it running right , I'm building another maybe 2 . hehehehe

thegnu

Sep 15, 2011
freedom pa
Well for the last 2 days I have started that bike a dozen times maybe more , tonight I let it run for half an hour before closing the fuel off an its starting to have moments where it runs sooooooo much better , tonight most noticably while I was making an exhaust tip for I had shut off the fuel an was waiting for it to run out an stall it started to run soooo smooth then stalled out of gas . I think I should rejet or at least raise the c clip on the needle 1 notch (maybe I will do that first ) . but heres the tip I made while it was running .

Attachments

CRANKIT

Feb 9, 2012
australia
hey it looks like you and me are on the same page !!, i know by looking at your bike i am gonna have some issues on where to position the motor,, you have the luxury of extra space above the crank hub, my bike has no room above so i am gonna have to juggle with where the motor and jackshaft are going,, i can see myself maybe having to add some detouring sprockets to clear the motor,, i will see when i get to that stage,, thanks for redirecting me to your pics,, looks like a neat ride,, what colour she gonna be? bet you cant wait till its finished,, these damn things are an itch you gotta scratch,, my wife is worried ..bf.

Attachments