Latest Finds

GoldenMotor.com

grouchyolfart

May 31, 2008
Wahiawa, Hawai'i
Good deals are out there. We just got back from picking up an Ezip bike for $300. Noway I can get even the kit at that price and this was a complete bike. Same as what I already have. A curry 450watt geared motor at 24volts. This one uses 2 7ah batts instead of my usual 12ah. Wife says it seems to pull harder than my first Currie. Good.

Last night we picked up a Mongoose electric dirtbike for my daughter. Hardly used at $60. Only thing the guy never recharged the 2 12volt, 7ah batts. Both only registered 2.4 volts and wouldn't take a charge. <sigh>

That's okay, though. A few months ago, I picked up a couple of electric scooters with seats. One 200watt and the other is a 500watt. I made up for the cost on the 200watt scooter by way of the good batteries that came with it. The 500watter had bad batteries, but I'm taking all the electrics and motor to put in my daughter's edirtbike. Easily worth more than I paid.

Now I have to swap motors and bikes and sell off the extras. Oughta come close to breaking even and keeping me out of trouble for awhile. zpt

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona

Attachments

Last edited:

grouchyolfart

May 31, 2008
Wahiawa, Hawai'i
Whoa, that bike has a motor that puts out 17000 watts of power? Dang! I want my moped to do that. Hmm another project. :D

Haha. Just so happens I worked on that little Mongoose electric dirtbike today.
Turns out the throttle was shorting out and whenever the power was turned on, the motor would start to run. Same if I had it on the charger.

I cannabalized a 500watt SunL scooter and put the 500watt motor in the DB. Rewired a "new" throttle and charged it up. Battery pack now holds 2 12volt 12ah batteries. So far, it seems to have more oomph, but gotta wait till tomorrow to see how it performs with my daughter on it. This thing wasn't made to handle 200+ lbs. :oops:

Next project is to set up my wife's mountain bike (purple of course) with my present Curry set up and transplant the Ezip rear rack and battery pack to it. The lighter battery pack makes it easier for her to handle the bike.

By then, I'll also have more time to load up some black powder ammo and go out and make some smoke with my cowboy guns. (^) Stress management. :p