New build

GoldenMotor.com

rkorson4209

Oct 10, 2009
michigan
My buddy ordered a Grubee Skyhawk 80cc Motor kit and wants me to put it on his lowrider frame. I only have one build under my belt, so I am somewhat a noob. His frame doesn't look much different than mine other than it is lower. I was thinking of using the front bracket that comes with the kit and drilling through the front tube. Please let me know what you think.

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
Drilling through the tube isn't the end of the world...(It's usually fine) But it's better if you make a mount from a "U" bolt & a small piece of flat 1/4" steel!

Retmachinist

Oct 21, 2008
Urbandale Ia
Some of the newer motors have a larger radius on the front mount that would fit that frame perfect with no alterations. The last two slant head motors I got from Powerkingshop were that way. If you haven't ordered your engine kit you could call a couple places and ask them what the front radius measurement is. Save you some hassel if you don't have the means to make your own bracket.

John

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
Nice man! And here I thought my build was a tight squeeze lol I love the color :D

Ya gonna banana seat that bad boy? It'll look perfect that way (and be comfy too). I'm not so sure about that front (rear?) fender - is that a project in progress?

Ya know - with a lil bike like that, if geared properly - is gonna be fast as heck! You're not building a bike for a friend that's gonna end up faster than yours are ya? :p

Lay'emLow

Nov 4, 2009
Gainesville, Fl
Nice frame man! I chose to put all my flashiness into the accessories. haha

I agree with BarelyAwake tho, grab a banana seat and give yourself some kneeroom!!