Darn it! I need some help!

GoldenMotor.com

mybike1

Dec 21, 2011
Michigan City, Indiana
So I just picked up a couple of these...
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA0BD0CM2279
at my local thrift store... they came in some very cool bullet style housings
and my intention was to run one of them as a headlight on my 6v Schwinn generator system. If you know electrical, then you already know it's not working...but I dont know electrical and I'm bummed out.
When I ran the wires off of the bulb to a AA battery, I got a little glow, so I know the bulb is good. What's my problem here? Is there any way I can make this work on my generator system? Thanks.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
The wattage is too high for your generator. What "generator" are you using?
That lamp is 18 watts. Check the output of whatever you are using to generate your current.

Tom

Last edited:

mybike1

Dec 21, 2011
Michigan City, Indiana
yeah...ok... the generator is 3w... I guess that would be my problem huh? I would have just guessed that I would have seen some kind of light though...even a dim one? guess not :(

goog

Sep 16, 2012
Ct.
I been mulling over my s/a hub for about 4 months now.Kinda on the back burner.From what I found unless you buy a good to fair gen.light,which we cost you 50 bucks to 300,you need to turn the hub a/c power to d/c.Then recharge a battery might be a good bet.Found alot about power off the white wire on reseaching,not much off the hub.guessing it would be close to the same.If you or someone has a diagram of hub to light that would be nice.Throw that white wire in there and I'am easily confused. Good luck.

locutus_1

Oct 31, 2010
california
never use a generator they dont really work use a battery sla 6 volt when chared it will be 8 volts or so perfect for a 6 volt bike light off ebay