Denver Area ride IX - Saturday June 30th

GoldenMotor.com

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
74.53 miles. That's the official milage for today's ride, guys. I'd written down my odometer reading this morning before I left the house and then took that and what was on the odometer when I got home to see what we'd done. That was from Berkley Park back to Berkley. Some of you rode further. Amazing!

What a great ride! Downtown Denver will never be the same. Folks will talk about us for a long time. "Hey, remember when we were downtown and all those motorized bicycles went by?" That's what they'll be saying.

Great ride, great weather, great lunch. It just doesn't get much better. No legal problems. No mechanical issues (we build good bikes) and not a negative comment from anyone.
Thanks to all who attended and a special thanks to Frank and Will for their navigation and knowledge of the trails and Denver in general.

I'll start editing the videos tomorrow and put something together as soon as I can.

Thanks again guys for a day to remember. :)

Tom

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Something went wrong. All of the video I shot looks as if it was taken through a blue lens. Everything is blue, streets, bikes, sky, everything.
I've been reading the camera book but it doesn't say anything about it.
Anyone have any ideas about what happened?
Really pi$$ed me off cause there was some good stuff, even that stupid traffic light in the middle of the block, which we all ran :) What the heck was that all about?

I hope someone else got some decent footage. Mine sucks.
Tom

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Something went wrong. All of the video I shot looks as if it was taken through a blue lens. Everything is blue, streets, bikes, sky, everything.
I've been reading the camera book but it doesn't say anything about it.
Anyone have any ideas about what happened?
Really pi$$ed me off cause there was some good stuff, even that stupid traffic light in the middle of the block, which we all ran :) What the heck was that all about?

I hope someone else got some decent footage. Mine sucks.
Tom
I found out what happened. The camera was set for incandescent light, not daylight. There are two menus, one for still shots and one for video. I didn't know the light selection on the still camera settings were also for vids. My bad. I've been tinkering with this thing all afternoon and found my mistake by accident. Stupid book doesn't mention that camera settings are for both still and video. I had the video set for 'Automatic' mode but the camera was set for indoor, incandescent light. Rats!

Oh, well, this is a good excuse to plan another ride :)

Tom

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
I don't like how the predator sits with the AGK mount on my bike. Having said that, I'm making a motor mount out of angled steel that can be welded in place completely level, so I can sit the motor on that. Who has a welder that might be willing to help with a quick welding job? :D

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Give me a call, Frank. Wednesday is no good but any day after I should be around. Bring it down. Let's see what we can do with it.

Tom

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
Any plans for the next one?
I'm extremely busy this month with multiple things. Trust me I want to ride bad for more then just a few miles :(. I'm going to do my best to set up a ride for a Saturday this month. In addition to the busy schedule, I need to get my mount welded up for the predator. Tom said he would help but I need to find time to go all the way down there or just pay the exhaust shop to do it locally. Other then that, "let's ride"... Will's bike is running well, Mark's bike just needs a tank O-ring and we're good to go. Stay posted for the next thread. If we don't have a big DAR this month then definitely the 1st Saturday of August for sure.

.rd.

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
Any luck on the mount?...... I was at toms the other day and he is ready to go......
It's ready to be welded in place. I just need to find time to get down there to get her done. July has been extremely busy and I really haven't had time to do much. I can't even take a short ride around Brighton in the evening because my motor is off :(. It's either I make time and drive to Tom's and get it done or I pay the local welder $20 to weld it and I can pick it up after work before they close. I need to get it finished ASAP so we can go on a DAR cruise soon.

How's the Titan treating you? How's the gearbox tensioner working out?

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
Wow, I woke up today only to see this on the news. The new "Dark Night Rises" must be good to have this kind of unfortunate incident happen on the first night. Send your prayers out for those affected by this local idiot.

Aurora, CO Shooting

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
A little short notice but what do you guys think about meeting up again on Saturday August 4th? Let me know... I'll post a thread for the next cruise soon (^)

webeneo1

Apr 17, 2012
Denver
Sounds fine if I can get the bike together.
Most of the major is good but several small's to take care of.
Putting in hours on it Saturday.