Nice custom build

GoldenMotor.com

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
I don't know the source, builder, or anything about this very nice bike.
A friend sent me the pic quite a while ago, in an email.

I like it a lot,though!

I think it's a lawn tractor gearbox in there, and the engine seems to be with the crankshaft turned inline???

Anyhow, it really is worthy of being here in the paint Booth and Chop Shop!!!
rc

Attachments

halfevil333

May 18, 2010
florida, USA
I forget the name of the company, of coarse, nut they sell these with a number of engine and hub choices. They are QUITE PRICEY! but seem real nicely built, and with the 250cc. Option she'd be REAL SWEET!!!

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Very interesting bike and very nice work but I have to wonder why he didn't carry his talents through to the exhaust. I mean, come on, some galvanized pipe fittings, no muffler and pointed right into his leg. He could have come up with something so much more attractive to go along with the rest of the bike. Am I being too picky?

Tom

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
I also agree on the exhaust. Very cool bike but a few things that let it down.....And why does the fuel line (I think it's the fuel line) go all the way out the front and around near the running boards. Seems kinda dangerous doesn't it? They are bound to get damaged aren't they????

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
lol

U guys are OK !

lol

I come from the construction trades...
anything you build is subject to criticism by others, and some of the fun part is picking apart the work of others. I woulda done this, or that... or How'd he do that???

Why spoil someone and let them off the hook with a 'Nice job, and you did it really quickly, too!" ???
lol THEN you'd have to hire THEM!

Yah, I really don't care for the use of pipe fitting for exhaust use.
I suppose maybe for temp use until something btr is fabbed.

Use of copper sweat fittings is even worse, though. It will quickly become work hardened, brittle, and break when you least expect it to.

Perhaps one day I'll try making up a throttle linkage with rods and ball joints to escape the use of cables. It would be far more difficult, but an interesting project !

I think I like this bike mostly because it is long and low. Over-all, it's great!

Best
rc