OCC smoother ride plz

GoldenMotor.com

Jcruz87

Jun 18, 2011
Texas
So I've been looking around for suspension forks and all I've seen are the us cycles that run like 279 macaroons, they're nice but that's too much for my budget. My main goal is to build an occ frame with decent suspension. so far I have a spring seat and suspension seat post for it, but would like some springer forks to set off the bobber look AND give it that extra susp.

I like the way the monarks look and I know they're not triple trees so I'll have to get a headset and handlebar mount. Now would the monark style springer forks fit ok on a stingray? All I know is that they are 15" from top crown to bottom drops and I want to keep a 24" front wheel. Would it lower it too much? Btw Im not using pedals... has anyone tried this or have any other alternative?

Thanks -Josh

Jcruz87

Jun 18, 2011
Texas
Checked ebay a few times, no styles really interest me and if they did, I wouldnt know if it would fit. I guess my main question was if the monarks would fit fine on the occ or if anyone would know of an alternate susp fork they used. I see everyone using the stock forks here but I just dont like them. IS THE SPRING SEAT AND SUSPENSION SEAT POST ENOUGH FOR 35 MPH?

Russell

Apr 19, 2009
MA
I have a posting somwhere here that shows the stock occ fork modified to a springer. Cost $20. It also had a front brake mount included.

Jcruz87

Jun 18, 2011
Texas
Great Russ I would like to see that. Ill be looking for it or to make it easier do you remember what post it was? Thanks

Russell

Apr 19, 2009
MA
OK I took a look around. I found the posting but there was little interest in it (1 response) so I didn't go any further posting pictures. However I did post two pictures on someone elses thread.
http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=34049

In the picture the fork looks a little longer but is not, it is same length as stock.

Great Russ I would like to see that. Ill be looking for it or to make it easier do you remember what post it was? Thanks

Last edited:

RicksRides

Feb 22, 2012
osceola IN
So I've been looking around for suspension forks and all I've seen are the us cycles that run like 279 macaroons, they're nice but that's too much for my budget. My main goal is to build an occ frame with decent suspension. so far I have a spring seat and suspension seat post for it, but would like some springer forks to set off the bobber look AND give it that extra susp.

I like the way the monarks look and I know they're not triple trees so I'll have to get a headset and handlebar mount. Now would the monark style springer forks fit ok on a stingray? All I know is that they are 15" from top crown to bottom drops and I want to keep a 24" front wheel. Would it lower it too much? Btw Im not using pedals... has anyone tried this or have any other alternative?

Thanks -Josh
Josh I built these from stock forks and 24in schwinn suspension forks and less then 18 inches of 3/16 by 1 inch flat stock look up my dual stingray w/ sidecar thread in the DIY section

Jcruz87

Jun 18, 2011
Texas
Thanks for the replies guys I will be thinking about maybe fabbing a springer fork if I can find some spare suspension forks. Would anybody know the full length of the monarks?