Rusty Spokes Stretch

GoldenMotor.com

cbruck

Oct 26, 2011
san diego
Hello im brand new to the mb scene but im just going to jumpin head first and i just bought one of these rusty spokes stretches. plans are to put a trike kit and a 110 lifan on it any one got some words of wisdom for me before i start buying up all these parts. i will post pics of the bike as soon as i can or you can check out rusty spokes easy google search. thanks in advance.scratg

hawaii_87

San Diego's Master Ride Organizer
May 17, 2011
San Diego
I had a rusty spokes bike. I could never get the chain to stay on. Go down to Rusty's on garnet st. He used to motorize them but got out of it but always has a lot of knowledge about em and doesn't mind sharing it.

Cavi Mike

Dec 17, 2011
Rochester, NY
I can't imagine there's any easy way to stop the chain from popping off with that suspension using a left-side drive. I'd suggest using a shifter-kit that uses the pedal-side chain to drive the wheel.

cbruck

Oct 26, 2011
san diego
what if i make the gear set just like the pedal side on the engine side to keep chain tension through out the travel of the suspension. do you think it would be possible to have on shaft with two sets of gears on on each side?

cbruck

Oct 26, 2011
san diego
also i wont have to many clearance issues once the trike kit gets here. as there will be no rear tire in the swing arm to get in my way. all advice is helpful thanks guys. let me know if im dreaming to big lol.

Cavi Mike

Dec 17, 2011
Rochester, NY
Anything is possible if you have the means. Do you have a mill, lathe and welder at your disposal? If not, you're going to need to stick to off-the-shelf items.