Micargi = Problems

GoldenMotor.com

momentummotorgroup

Apr 10, 2009
grand rapids, michigan
Am I the only one who has had nothing but bad luck with the micargi bikes? Seems every part strips due to sub par metal, or even the simple act of pedaling.. I have had my last 2 cruisers' crankset crap out after less than 3 hours of pedal time.. The eBay seller I bought both from insisted that the first time was a fluke, but here I am, a completed build, now sitting idle due to crapped out bearings in the pedals..

ugh.

anyone know a good yet inexpensive replacement, or show how to replace the crankset myself? Last bike cost me an extra $100 to get the job done, and I'm really,really not lookin' forward to having to spend even more on this build..laff

azbill

May 18, 2008
Fountain Hills, Arizona
I believe the red stretch in the forum's banner (top of every page), and it's sister stretch...both micargis ,,,developed frame cracks on Redb66 :(
...it scared me away from them !!!

momentummotorgroup

Apr 10, 2009
grand rapids, michigan
yeah. You get what you pay for, really. I dare to dream that someone would reverse engineer these engines and frames here so we don't have to deal with all the sub par, non quality controlled crapola that is pouring out of China.

In the interim before my frame inevitably cracks (I have an identical stretch to the banner pic).. does anyone know offhand what size crankset bearings this beeotch takes, and where I can get 'em for cheap? Last set on the micargi on my avatar ran me another $110 after install ($60 for the sealed bearings themselves,the rest in labor from the bikeshop that apparently didn't dig motorized bikes..)

noco

Sep 9, 2009
fort collins colorado
ive never had a frame issue with these but the bottom bracket is crap...ive also had problems with the rear hub...the rear hub axle bent...i could see that happening if i was 250+ but im 185...ill still use them due to there price...