Are there any motorized bicycle dealers or riders in ft.worth texas?

GoldenMotor.com

fall_down_stand_up

Apr 26, 2009
granbury
Does anyone know of anyone in ft.worth or around that area that sells engine kits,bicyles etc...Does anyone live in ft.worth texas area that are into building bikes,work on them etc....I feel like im all alone....I have not met one person in the 3 1/2 years Ive been riding the motorized bicyles....When people see my bike they freak,thinking I came up with the design myself....I have not met one person that seen or know anything about engine kits in granbury,ft.worth or anywere else I have driven in texas....
Alone in texas....
John

TerrontheSnake

Jun 1, 2009
Oregon
I feel the same way up here in Oregon. The only other person that does was turned onto the hobby by me, I think it is a good time to think about selling them. I gaurantee start talking about gas mileage on a nice MB and people will buy it. Chance to lock in the local market!

fall_down_stand_up

Apr 26, 2009
granbury
I feel the same way up here in Oregon. The only other person that does was turned onto the hobby by me, I think it is a good time to think about selling them. I gaurantee start talking about gas mileage on a nice MB and people will buy it. Chance to lock in the local market!
Funny you should say that,everywere I go people ask me if I build them and how much....When I tell them its just a hobby,they say you need to start selling them and if you do I would like to buy one....For now I was just looking for some locals that are into them as well....dnut

TerrontheSnake

Jun 1, 2009
Oregon
I feel ya totally. I can't believe everyone everywhere isn't doing it though. I have a firefighting buddy that is all about the Yamaha's and Honda dirt bikes and crap. He has always looked down on my bike because I built it, didn't buy it...?!?!? @##hole....anyways I talked him into going for a ride, he went down the block and returned singin a different tune. Now they all have to have one....LoL. Judgement is a funny thing.

fall_down_stand_up

Apr 26, 2009
granbury
I feel ya totally. I can't believe everyone everywhere isn't doing it though. I have a firefighting buddy that is all about the Yamaha's and Honda dirt bikes and crap. He has always looked down on my bike because I built it, didn't buy it...?!?!? @##hole....anyways I talked him into going for a ride, he went down the block and returned singin a different tune. Now they all have to have one....LoL. Judgement is a funny thing.
Ya,I figrued the market would be flooded with them everywere by now....Remember a few years back when they came out with those cheap little scooter things with the tiny tires,almost like a skateboard with a seat and handlebars?They started selling them at swap meets,dollor general type stores,everywere....They were all made of plastic except for the frame,they had a little pull start 47cc 2 stroke on them....I bought one for my kid back in 03 or 04 for 225bucks....Nothing like riding a 66cc beachcruiser thought....They were just throw away junk....

Sep 4, 2009
Texas
When I get a car I intend to come out to Grandbury and go for a ride with ya. I ran into a guy that said he had 2 builds in Garland and I was the first guy he'd seen with one as well. I shoulda got his email adress. I'm in the process of transferring my engine to another steel frame due to needing a nice light bike to take on the bus. Can't take gasoline on the bus. I been meaning to do that for a while but my chain just broke so now's the time.

momentummotorgroup

Apr 10, 2009
grand rapids, michigan
locking onto a market might be tougher than you think. I went big and dropped about $3K total in the last couple years, and have barely broken even due to the fact that this is such a hands on personalized venture. Every ad answered on craigslist were filled with "do you have this or that part" or just empty promise shoppers who fail to pull the trigger. When it's all said and done, unless you have a wholesale distributor's license and can get all your bikes and engines wholesale, you're looking at around $400 or so on the bike and engine alone, let alone secondary brakes and lights and horns that people will ultimately want to have stock on their rides. At that point you're pushing $600, and 99% of the people opt for factory made mopeds and not independent stylized sweetness.. I've taken to just being the guy who charges labor to build out people's kits and try to fix em when they crap out instead of sitting on half a dozen bikes at a time..

sfrank69

Dec 19, 2009
Muncie,IN
was in Weatherford,TX doing this some...

3 blocks west of the courthouse on Brazos St.

did gas and electric...

alas I have retired to Muncie,IN....

Spunout

MB Builder Extraordinaire
Jul 21, 2008
coventry, RI
blog.360.yahoo.com
only one that i know of is forum member TURBO/CHAOS in the College Station, TX area. thats a little ways south of you. he sells motorkits, does installs and of course, rides.
he does some specialty work and lots of motor mods, also

fall_down_stand_up

Apr 26, 2009
granbury
only one that i know of is forum member TURBO/CHAOS in the College Station, TX area. thats a little ways south of you. he sells motorkits, does installs and of course, rides.
he does some specialty work and lots of motor mods, also
Thanks for the info spunout....
John-John

Flying O MB

Jan 18, 2010
Fort Worth, Texas
Fall down stand up. I have been riding around town for months in Fort Worth. I ride mine to work when the weather is nice and now i have started to venture farther and farther. Everywhere i go people stare and I get bombarded with questions. Have you ran into any law problems or been pulled over.

fall_down_stand_up

Apr 26, 2009
granbury
Fall down stand up. I have been riding around town for months in Fort Worth. I ride mine to work when the weather is nice and now i have started to venture farther and farther. Everywhere i go people stare and I get bombarded with questions. Have you ran into any law problems or been pulled over.
No problems with the law and I have been driving for 4 years now....They just look the other way....
John-John

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
No problems with the law and I have been driving for 4 years now....They just look the other way....
John-John

Well your not all alone in Texas, just a little south of you down here in the Brownwood area I'm riding the bike I built about three weeks ago, if your ever going to be in the Brownwood area send me a PM ahead of time and maybe we'll hit the road and cruise a bit my mountain bike aint fancy but it goes pretty good and it a blast to ridedown these great central Texas country roads.

I got a couple other peole interested in having a bike so I will be building a couple this summer looks like so maybe we will get a few more people in my area having as much fun as we are...

.weld

Attachments

scotsrule08

Aug 1, 2012
fort worth
i live in Fort Worth, (hulen & I-20) and i have only met one person at the mainstreet arts festival that had one. i also talked to a guy on craigslist from carrolton ( i think) but other than that i feel alone... i think we need to start a north texas motorized bike club, or something.... i just bought my second kit and i hope it will be great.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Does anyone know of anyone in ft.worth or around that area that sells engine kits,bicyles etc...Does anyone live in ft.worth texas area that are into building bikes,work on them etc....I feel like im all alone....I have not met one person in the 3 1/2 years Ive been riding the motorized bicyles....When people see my bike they freak,thinking I came up with the design myself....I have not met one person that seen or know anything about engine kits in granbury,ft.worth or anywere else I have driven in texas....
Alone in texas....
John

fall down stand up, where are you? Seems you're the early cave man of DFW. Now it's 4 years later since you started this thread.

There's a few more of us around now, but still not near enough. I've ridden with 3 other MBs around White Rock lake. I've seen 4 at large, 2 were eBikes, but that was in the last 2 years.

seanhan

Aug 7, 2008
Texas
anybody looking for a Bike in the Dallas Fort Worth Area ??
I have a Awesome Schwinn Beach cruser ( red and white ) With GEBE tanaka 32cc kit installed, Heavy Duty GEBE rear wheel (105g). New brakes ,seat, speedo, bag, Surfas Drifter tires (kevlar) . This Bike is 100% awesome and ready to Ride.
on a Flat road with little wind it can hit 32 MPH. $800. Firm pm me on this site if interested.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
anybody looking for a Bike in the Dallas Fort Worth Area ??
I have a Awesome Schwinn Beach cruser ( red and white ) With GEBE tanaka 32cc kit installed, Heavy Duty GEBE rear wheel (105g). New brakes ,seat, speedo, bag, Surfas Drifter tires (kevlar) . This Bike is 100% awesome and ready to Ride.
on a Flat road with little wind it can hit 32 MPH. $800. Firm pm me on this site if interested.
You may want to post this add in swap and shop since that's the only area that sales adds like this are allowed here on the forum.

Im sure a mod will move your post before long, just thought Id give you a heads up about it.

Best wishes selling your bike Id put it on the local Craigs List if I were you 99% of the people here build their own bikes, so selling an $800 bike here isnt gonna be an easy sell.

I hope you get it sold soon.

Map