Schwinn Sting Ray SCORE!!!!!

GoldenMotor.com

Mr.Gadget

Nov 9, 2010
South Carolina
Hey Everyone!!!!
I am so excited!!! I just found a great deal on a Schwinn OCC Sting Ray Chopper for my Third Build. Fully complete, and in perfect condition. Not a scratch on it, or a single speck of rust.
I saw the seat of one of these Sting Rays at a pawn shop one day and stopped by to see it. It was the girls version, and in poor condition. So with the bug in my head to build my first chopper, I went home and look on C-List. And the Price was very attractive. I contacted the seller and asked a few questions, and found out it has been stored inside the house!!!!
I am floord at the condition of this bike. It is litterally brand new!!
The chain does not even have any rust.

Anyone one else have any interest in this bike?
If not, Wish me luck on my first Copper Build.
usflg

Attachments

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
SWEET I Love Crugslist.

That bike is fresh out of the factory box it came in.

.shft.Congrats Crazy Horse.

Prof Fate

Aug 19, 2008
St.Louis (Brentwood), MO
That is sweet! It begs for a motor.

I’m with Crazy Horse- I loves me sum Craigslust.

People have stuff that they just don’t want and would rather unload it than deal with it anymore. I snagged a Honda 50cc with a Grubee Skyhawk Stage III, poo poo pipe, rear rack with storage bag , upgraded stable kickstand, 12 volt recharging head and tail light, mirrors, speedometer, etc for a steal of $200 this morning. At that price I couldn’t even try to haggle with him. I literally pulled the cash out of my pocket so fast that I dropped it. Lol

Last edited:

Mr.Gadget

Nov 9, 2010
South Carolina
I guess I did not include the price I paid,,,, I was so excited I forgot.

$75, And Crazy Horse is right, It could not be newer unless it was built yesterday!!!
Now My Kids want to steal it from me... of course after we install the motor.

.trk

azbill

May 18, 2008
Fountain Hills, Arizona
CL is the best place for low-budget (read: inexpensive) bikes
azvinnie (my son-in-law) scored an almost brand new Spoiler for $125
(I have seen the springer forks alone, go for more)

his entire stable of normal OCC's (9-10) was bought thru CL as well

Prof Fate

Aug 19, 2008
St.Louis (Brentwood), MO
Wow. That is a great price. Great looking and well built. I don’t know now anyone could ride those bikes without a motor. I picked one up once to see how much it weighted. Musta been 45-50 pounds.

Charles8102

Dec 4, 2010
Havelock, NC
I just bout an XL sitngray chopper, with a motor mount, extra front & rear tires w/ rims, and a extra handle bar off of CL for $200. Now the conversion Begins

Hammond Egger

Oct 23, 2010
Tucson, AZ
We'll have to keep this thread going. I've got an OCC chopper build going too. Got the Barry motor mount in a couple of days ago. I"m not impressed. Going to look at some other options. Wald ape hangers, mirrors and Nirve headlight on the way. Some guy here has two of them for sale on Craigslist. Says they are brand new and never been ridden. Want's $125.00 each. I offered him $160 for both of them and he came back with a counter offer of $200.00

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
FYI, guy's the XL-Chopper Stingrays are 82" in length ( XL = extra long you must be at least 5'-7" tall to ride this adult size chopper ), whereas the Schwinn Stingray OCC Chopper is only approximately 75" a difference of 7" anyone up to 5'-6" can ride this size chopper.

Those of you contemplating this type of build should consider the XL Chopper if you will be using the Lifan Loncin or any other Chinese cloned Honda CRF 50cc / 110cc 4-Stroke Horizontal ATV / Dirtbike / Pitbike type engine.

The Schwinn Stingray OCC Chopper is more of a challenge since the bottom tube from the bottom bracket to the chain stay is only 14-1/2", which requires removing the seat down tube allowing enough room to mount a Lifan, Loncin, or any other Chinese cloned Honda CRF 50cc / 110cc 4-Stroke Horizontal ATV / Dirtbike / Pitbike type engine.

The XL-Chopper has a bottom tube that measures 22" from bottom bracket to chain seat, that's plenty of room for mounting a Lifan Loncin or any other Chinese cloned Honda CRF 50cc / 110cc 4-Stroke Horizontal ATV / Dirtbike / Pitbike type engine. And you won't have to remove the seat down tube to allow mounting space for the engine.

If you are planning a build using a 2-stroke china gurl you'll have plenty of room for mounting it.

Good Luck with your builds guy's!

Peace Crazy Horse..shft.