good luck in bonneville, sportscarpat!

GoldenMotor.com

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
speed week is this weekend, and pat is running three bikes on the salt flats.

he offered me the chance to be part of his crew, but i just couldn't work it out to meet up with him in northern california to hitch a ride. :(

last year his 150cc sportsman flyer set a new land speed record on his first time out, and i wish him all the best this time around.

pat's a great guy, and one of the guys who aren't just talking about going fast, but out there making a mark and setting the bar for our little hobby.

i hope next year i can be a part of his team, and maybe even be a jockey...;)

good luck pat! kick some salty a$$!

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
speed week is this weekend, and pat is running three bikes on the salt flats.

last year his 150cc sportsman flyer set a new land speed record on his first time out, and i wish him all the best this time around.
The motor was a 17 HP built GX 160 running in the 175 cc pushrod class.

Shane at Affordable Go Karts built the 73 mph record setting motor.

Did AGK build the motors for the 3 Sportsman Flyer bikes?

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
He's got 2 bikes running the 175cc and one running 250, they (AGK and Sportsman) did pretty good together last year, I would find it funny if they didn't work together again. Any Guesses on speeds?

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
fly like the wind pat! cant wait for the stories. baird i would have donated a r/t ticket, bird or dog for ya. i know its on your bucket list. oh ya, no private jet though.

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
ouh, i think a fairing would put him in a all together different class. like 125+ mph. the least amount changes everything even the size of the front fender will change your class if it covers too much wheel. i'm no expert but i know they are real picky in their rules. everything has to be perfect to their rule book.

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
Is there a land speed record with the chinadoll motor?
nope. they class bikes by engine size, not by brand. if you ran a 50cc china against a 50cc any-other-kinda-motor you'd probably get beat pretty badly.

and a 66cc would put you in a higher cc class, like 80cc, and again, good luck.

there's been some whizzers on the salt, but i don't think a china doll has ever gone out.

it's not a cheap time, either. spending thousands of dollars in entry fees, memberships, custom leathers, parts needed to pass tech inspection, etc, you're probably not gonna risk it all on a sketchy china doll...

sportscarpat

Bonneville Bomber the Salt Flat record breaker
Jun 25, 2009
california
Hi guys,
Thanks for the support! We just got home late yesterday and all I can say is what a spectacular adventure! I never worked so hard in my life. I will post pics and video soon. All three bikes were contenders but racing is racing and things happen. My 250cc engine dropped a cylinder liner and wouldn't run past 75 mph. Our little 175cc bikes were making me look silly. Looked like I was done early till we decided to stuff my 200cc street engine into my bike with all the best parts we could find. A true bastard engine that was enough to grab a record! More later.
Pat