Workmen trike Pre build ?

GoldenMotor.com

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Nasty,

Are those trikes all yours?

As for the tires they were usually wrapped around the tire with a wire inside them. The rubber was pushed back and then the wire was twisted tight and the tire was released to cover where the wire was tightened.

The second and less often used was was to clamp the wheel and rim in a mould and inject rubber to form the tire. To get it apart I would look for a seam in the tire (wire wrapped) and take a sharp wood chisel and cut the joint in the tire at a 45 degree angle so you can get at the wire to cut it.
If it's injection mould you will have to keep cutting until the tire is cut through and then pry it loose from the rim.

Not sure if a regular tire will fit but I can't see that they would use a separate rim. You most likely will have to dig under the wire to get a space to get the wire cutters to fit.

I restored antique furniture for over 50 years and was asked to restore childrens wagons and a lot of horse drawn vehicles so I ran into these tire a few times.

Hope this was a help.

Steve.

nastygramus

Feb 25, 2011
NE illinois
Thanks for the help kinda whta I was thinking I will be getting one of those trikes soon and hope things work out gonna be a Bad@ss ride if it works
Ill keep you all posted there are 25 trikes for sale at this location in different shape I'm hopping to get a couple

nastygramus

Feb 25, 2011
NE illinois
Yes as far as I know he still has them and they are for sale I will see If I can find his number and see for sure . you interested ?

Scott.D.Lang

Jan 1, 2013
Chicago
262-620-1397 there is dudes # with the trikes I looked at his CL add a few days ago he has a lot of them thought they were cool myself so hard to forget.