BBQ Brisket anyone?

GoldenMotor.com

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi
Thanks guys ... this brisket is sounding better and better. When I learn to cook I just might try one.

Tom, Joe & Kevlar ... I've never seen a Nauga neither. I've heard about 'em but I've never actually met one. Maybe someone can post a picture?

But if they're anywhere near as quick as Hidebehinds I doubt they've ever been photo'd.

You know about Hidebehinds ... those big, hairy ape like things you catch a glimpse of out of the corner of your eye in the dark woods but when you turn to look straight at 'em they always hide behind something. I think that's how they got their name. Sometimes you can hear 'em gaining on you when you're running flat out for the car ... but by then I'm usually out of the photograpy mood. :eek:
Those are closely related to the ever elusive Snipe. :D

Michigan Mike

Dec 9, 2008
Michigan
Oh boy! ... snipes ... I almost had a bag full one cold, rainy night.

-------------------------

(P.S. fasteddy ... hope all's well up north! )

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Mike, great and getting better up here. July 6 the cross Canada run starts.
Going to Prince Edward Island to look for a place to live. West Coast is great but full of million dollar homes and I'm on a $100 budget.

Thinking of stopping to see how the Hidebehind has done over the last 30 years but why poke an angry Hidebehind with a short stick just to satisfy curiosity.

Damn! Old age and common sense just collided.

Fast"aint goin there"eddy

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
Brisket is cow meat. It's the thick end of flank steak. The reason you have to cook it long and slow is because it's so tough to start with.
I got a pressure cooker last December and used a recipe from the cook book from it for brisket. It cooks with Ale Carrots Onions and simple spices. This gets it done in 1/2 hr, just prep work, removing a lot of fat first is the most work. I saw a sale for big package 6 lbs at $1.99 lb and froze it till I get the time. Really got to finish the motor bike!usflg