Redb66's Board Track Attempt

GoldenMotor.com

RedB66

Dec 28, 2007
Sunshine State
Okay...here it is. I changed my original paint scheme to a kahki and cream (kinda hard to tell from photos). Rides well, still needs some tweaking...idle, chain tension...etc..

I wanted an older looking paint scheme. I was originally going to go black and cream but..black with the black motor wasn't going to do it. I' take some more photos when the sun goes down.

Attachments

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
!HOW! RedB66, you never cease to amaze us with your outstanding talent & ingenuity especially with your new Board Track Racer Tribute.

Crazy Horse say's you are an inspiration to all of us Board Track Racer motorbicyclist addicts.

As you may know you have inspired me with my own custom stretch cruiser's based largely on your Micargi & Greenline stretch builds which in my opinion are also outstanding builds truly the work of an Custom Motorized Bicycle Builder / Artist !!!

Can't wait to see your next build any hint's of what coming up in your motorbicycling repertoire, you undoubtedly now have most an impressive build portfolio what's this build number 10 or more must be close to that!

Peace Bro, Crazy Horse !

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Beautiful Work! The boardtracker has to be one of the best looking profiles out there and you've captured it perfectly. Thanks for sharing, Red.
Tom

RedB66

Dec 28, 2007
Sunshine State
So how does it run?
It runs great!! The motor is from Zoom, I've had good luck with the past couple of motors from them. The wheels are Husky 12ga. with a 32T sprocket. I would like to find some different bars with "not so much" drop to them, smaller moon bars. This has been my most challenging build to date!!

All in all I'm pleased with the bike but....it's not the "One" so if somebody offers to buy it..I'd probably sell it.

Last edited:

MotorbikeMike

Dealer
Dec 29, 2007
Sacramento
Hi Red, great looking bike! I have small moon bars available, I could do some measuring if you like? They were usually on the "Ladies" cruisers, tho the 40's and 50's bikes had some rather tiny ones, these are very nice, reasonable size, and not expensive.

Mike

fm2200

Nov 16, 2008
new york city
Hey Red, You have made a real cool retro looking bike. The red one is a real beauty, but this style really makes a statement, the off white/cream sets it right in the period of the days when things were simpler. The bold white tires are a real asset in it's overall appearance, you really make us proud. I only wish you lived in my neighborhood, I will one day attempt a retro bike that looks like that.

BrettMavriK

Oct 3, 2008
Tampa Bay, FL

Nice!

Okay...here it is. I changed my original paint scheme to a kahki and cream (kinda hard to tell from photos). Rides well, still needs some tweaking...idle, chain tension...etc..

I wanted an older looking paint scheme. I was originally going to go black and cream but..black with the black motor wasn't going to do it. I' take some more photos when the sun goes down.

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
azbill, ouch thats very sticky! Rot-teepee-f ( rolling on the teepee floor ), it's a native saying!

Peace Crazy Horse.

Egor

Jan 30, 2008
Hurricane Utah
Red, I work at the Aquarium, you are close. I will look for your place. I would like to see more of your work. I am working on a Briggs narrowed to fit in a bike. Have fun, Dave

RedB66

Dec 28, 2007
Sunshine State
Red, I work at the Aquarium, you are close. I will look for your place. I would like to see more of your work. I am working on a Briggs narrowed to fit in a bike. Have fun, Dave
I am in Gainesville, FL. This frame and partial tank was built by a gentlman in California. Through my expierence with him...I would not reccommend him.

Motoschwinn

Jun 27, 2008
Independence MO
I do like the fit of the motor in the frame. Sometimes the motor is sitting in the frame on these board trackers with big open spaces around it, behind it etc. I really like the fit. All in all it did come out a really nice looking bike Red!